Here we are another recap for Grey’s. You know, it’s going to be so weird when I’m not doing these anymore. I have predicted that I will be caught up by the end of season 15 and then after that, I’ll be watching the show in real time with everyone else.
It’s been a wild ride we’ve been having through the seasons, while also trying to balance my final semester of uni work… but I think it’s been good. I have actually really enjoyed having a long TV show to binge watch over this time, as I think having to find some new entertainment after one or two seasons would have stressed me out.
I’m feeling kind of reflective and sentimental in some ways because I just finished my dissertation and that was a journey…but anyway enough with that – that will come in a later blog post lol
Time to share my thoughts on Grey’s Anatomy season 13:
- Alex beat up DeLuca and now he’s pressing felony charges – eek. So much fall out and nothing good.
- Maggie finally asked Riggs out but Meredith told him to say no. Definitely gonna be ugly when Maggie finds out about those two. Messy messy.
- The clinic still exists! And Alex is working in it. I wonder how this DeLuca and Alex thing resolves itself.
- Okay but for real Meredith just tell Maggie about Riggs
- April and Jackson actually being good parents and cute is exactly what I need
- Amelia and Hunt are working on the marriage and getting to know each other that is cute
- When are going to find out what happens with Alex and DeLuca because they are dragging it out – I mean it’s only been 4 episodes but I’m impatient
- Also, I hope DeLuca gets some friends, I feel like he doesn’t have any – I guess Jo is there but I don’t know, I don’t want him to be alone, though sometimes I forget he lives with Arizona until they bring it up lol
- So Amelia and Hunt were okay and now they aren’t – she definitely has to tell him about the baby situation – he would totally understand
- Oh my God Murphy is back! I definitely did not see that one coming, I mean normally when people leave they don’t return. I totally forgot she existed, to be honest…
- Side note: I looked up that Callie just doesn’t come back – she just straight up left for New York and that was it – kind of sad because I’ll miss her… Why is it when someone leaves the show it seems so abrupt? Like it wasn’t even like she got a real send off it was just Arizona being like “go to New York” and she did. The end… Not a fan – I shouldn’t have to Google if someone has left the show for good, it should be clear from the show’s context. That being said I’m super glad they didn’t just kill her off – had enough death thanks
- Lol April on Tinder – of all the people I didn’t think she was gonna go there
- So Amelia told Hunt the truth and that didn’t go well but when you just yell at him “I don’t wanna have a baby” that’s probably why…
- So this woman is just gonna come in and take Richard’s job? Not cute.
- Jo finally told Alex the truth – good. I knew he would understand. He’s a good guy. But she should have told him sooner and saved all this fall out.
- Lol this woman makes it so easy to hate her – love that everyone is fighting for Webber
- Also good to know Amelia just ran away – like she does – I need her to be good with Owen and for them to be cute because they never really have good moments, I mean they do it just doesn’t ever last
- Minnick is not going down without a fight – which means I actually had to look up her name so I could stop referring to her as “this woman” gross
- I can’t believe Bailey made April interim chief of General Surgery and took out Meredith – that’s how you know they came to play
- Also, DeLuca is a really decent guy – like he’s attractive and charming and he just dropped the charges on Alex like damn boy – you a fave
- So everyone be fighting then and Minnick just on her merry way doing things – ugh she’s annoying
- Do I like Minnick with Arizona? Eh… we see how it goes but I knew Richard was going to find out eventually, Arizona was trying too hard to keep it secret
- And Meredith needs to decide if she wants to get with Riggs or not – I’ve kind of accepted Meredith is gonna move on but they’ll never have that epic love like McDreamy and Meredith
- This Maggie’s mum cancer thing is not gonna end well I can already sense it
- Yeah see, she dies why do people’s parents come on the show only to get ill and die? Like was it so hard for Maggie’s mum to be okay? She already lost her birth mum – not fun
- I also think about how it must be when you’re ill and you’re around all these doctors like aren’t you lucky to be having dinner with a bunch of them and something goes wrong?
- Also what was with that episode with Jackson and his dad? Is that a filler or is there something more gonna happen with them?
- So Meredith and Riggs still not happening? I feel like he’s being super patient but is it really gonna pan out?
- And can Amelia please decide what’s going on with her and Owen it’s kind of annoying
- Of course Meredith is on another dangerous flight – this is not cute after what happened the last time guys
- Finally Meredith and Riggs! Woo
- But also she can’t get rid of that tumour that her and Derek drew – it’s like throwing away the post-it you just don’t do it
- I also guess we aren’t getting more out of Jo and Alex this season? It’s kind of been lulled down lately…
- Just as I say that Alex goes looking for Jo’s husband WHO IS WILLIAM SHUSTER FROM GLEE HAHAHAHAHA wow
- Sad nothing actually happened between him and Alex though – I mean I’m also glad because at least Alex isn’t going to jail or anything but still…now what happens between Alex and Jo?
- WTF rapist in the hospital with Edwards – she sets him on FIRE AND THERE WAS AN EXPLOSION
- Damn Edwards is such a badass – you know what I ain’t even mad she leaving I think I’m glad they didn’t just kill her off which would have been the easy thing to do but she survived and is a queen
- Also Megan’s alive?! Okay I spoiled this for myself so I always knew this was going to happen lol but still so random
- This means Riggs and Meredith can’t be together – did the show know that everyone was gonna hate Meredith with someone who isn’t Derek and so decided this wasn’t the time lol, either way, I am okay with it
- Poor Owen though, his life is just turned upside down lately – like they literally went this whole season with Amelia and Owen being married but like not really married because Amelia left the house ASAP lol and now his sister is actually alive?! So crazy…
- And Minnick got fired yassss – I mean okay I am sad about her and Arizona a little but eh time to move on
So to summerise, this season was all about Minnick taking over but not really, Meredith being wishy-washy about being with Riggs but it doesn’t even matter because Owen’s sister is alive so that’s over and I guess some other things that kind of faded into the background after a while aka the whole Alex thing.
I gotta say this season was kind of meh, I feel like they knew it because they decided to throw in an exciting season finale lol. But I guess that’s okay – not every season can be a winner. I guess I was just expecting more from it, it did have promise but then was kind of more less the same things over and over again.
Also yeah Murphy came back for like 3 episodes and now she’s just disappeared again? Why bring her back if you are going to get rid of her lol. Random.
But yes, the season wasn’t the best, but we are in the home stretch. Just two more seasons left! I’m excited but also I will be sad when it’s over because I don’t know what I’ll be doing with my life then…And I mean that literally because I predict I’ll be caught up in a few weeks and I’ll have finished uni then and I will just have all the free time but no more Grey’s to watch…
I guess I have to figure something out, but for right now I shall treasure the time I have with Grey’s, see you after the next season.
~ Courtney x