It’s been a while so I thought I would do a little life update
I filmed this last month but I really wanted to show it off because I’m obsessed with how it turned out 🙂
It has been a while since I allowed myself to revert back to my Twilight phase. Yes I had one, who didn’t?
It’s crazy to think about now, being so long ago but it’s always a time I look back on fondly…though it was also very cringey. I mean when you think of a Twilight fangirl you have a certain image in your head and well I was definitely one of them.
And with the release of this new book, I definitely fell back into that world a little bit. Though a little more mature after all this time – at least I like to think so.
I actually haven’t been away from the Twilight world that long in terms of books. It was only a couple of years ago that I finally got around to reading Life and Death – though it was something different and I wasn’t a fan.
This time, we were brought back to the real Twilight world. Our O.G Edward and Bella story. But this time, we got to hear Edward’s point of view, his and everyone else’s because he has that mind reading thing going for him.
I have to say it was pretty great to submerge myself in this world again. I mean, the story is nothing new, I know it a hundred times over but I think it’s the familiarity that makes it great. Plus I enjoyed this new perspective.
I suppose this can’t always be said for books like this (i.e. Grey – that book was awful) because it can be repetitive reading the exact same dialogue and everything just from someone else’s viewpoint and it ain’t great. But I think because it has been so long since a Twilight release that it was okay and made sense. I know that Stephenie was torturing us all by keeping this from us for so long but maybe it was a little bit strategic?
Either way, I was a fan. I mean I was getting a little bit fed up maybe around halfway through because the book is so big and I felt it dragging just a little. Sometimes Edward’s thoughts were just annoying but I powered through and made it to the end.
I think I was probably most interested in knowing the dynamic between Alice and Edward and how they worked together. I think what I really needed was a whole novel on Alice to be honest. Like Edward is fine, I like hearing the thoughts of others around him and stuff but other than that he can be really depressing. Alice has always been one of my favourite characters so I definitely enjoyed that a lot.
I also did think it was interesting the way Edward saw Bella, I mean it definitely helped put things into perspective. I mean we all roll our eyes when it comes to the stories of the seemingly average girl who everyone falls all over themselves to be with – because that doesn’t happen in real life. But somehow with Edward, I could see it. But I suppose I’m just biased from my love of Twilight to begin with…Plus I guess the whole blood temptation thing is also something above other love stories.
Oh and I think the whole pomegranate seed thing was overplayed, like okay I understand the choice of book cover now but it was just something that was mentioned more than I needed it to be.
But other than that, I suppose there’s not much to say. We all know the story, there can’t be that many surprises out there for us. It was still great to revisit this world though, and I was sad to see it come to an end. It’s definitely a nice distraction from what’s actually going on in the world. It was a simpler time when all I had to concern myself with was my Twilight fanfiction and whether Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were actually dating.
Though I suppose it’s not all sad, apparently Stephenie has two more Twilight books in the works so it’s not the end yet. I wonder how many books it will be before it’s truly the end. I don’t think I could ever complain about more Twilight books but sometimes it’s better to let a world have it’s ending before it gets out of hand…I mean I was never a big fan of Harry Potter but sometimes I just wonder how that world can keep going on forever…I don’t know, it seems a bit excessive.
Anyway, I don’t think there’s been news on what these new books will be about but you know I’ll be picking them up too. I’ll be interested to see where the story goes from here, or will we just expect more of Edward’s point of view? I guess we have to wait and see.
~ Courtney x
It’s been just over a year since the last time I posted about Grey’s Anatomy. Wild.
I originally did want to watch this season in real time as it was airing but that wasn’t really working out for me so I ended up just watching it on NowTV. So for old time’s sake I thought I would write up another big summary of my thought’s on season 16 of Grey’s Anatomy.
So let’s dive into it shall we:
- It has been basically a year and I don’t really remember what happened haha
- Oh the fog! Jackson and Maggie being annoying, right.
- Well Jackson is okay, I kind of thought he was going to leave but he is staying
- Meredith is only getting community service for what she did? I mean I saw this on Reddit when the season began but wtf. She always gets off lightly with these things…
- Jo went to the treatment centre to get help, I remember this, I hope it goes well
- Side note: I know Alex leaves this season and I am not impressed, he was about to start his good life with Jo and now this 😦 Not a fan
- Tom coming to the hospital and seeing Teddy had her baby and knowing she got back together with Owen hurts me. He is a good guy and does not deserve this kind of treatment
- Amelia is pregnant. Interesting
- Of course people at community service would find out Meredith was a doctor and she be helping everyone. We love that
- Alex and Richard working in that crap hospital lol fun times
- Owen really just shocked Tom’s crotch with those paddles I am crying hahaha
- Wow we love Alex poaching everyone, like Owen has jumped ship lol
- Of course the website was going to publish every bad thing Meredith said, that’s smart. Her mistake was being naive and trusting them. I’m sure Grey Sloan will find a way out, they usually do
- Meredith doing jail time lol she needed to spend some time there I think it’s good to see her knocked down a peg
- Alex’s hospital under a burial ground this is crazy
- We love seeing Jo’s progress she has come so far from when she went away to get help. So proud of her
- Schmitt on halloween helping that kid with his costume is adorable. He wanted to be a sunflower. My heart.
- Zola doesn’t wanna forget Derek and I’m crying because WE MISS YOU MCDREAMY
- Meredith was never going to lose her medical license – what kind of show would this be if THE MEREDITH GREY of GREY SLOAN MEMORIAL in GREY’S ANATOMY lost her medical license? But damn I cried watching everyone show up for her
- Also wow of course the doctor that killed Derek would be there, it’s still no “Penny killed my husband” drama but still
- I actually am kind of excited that Amelia is going to be a parent, I think her and Link will have a fun time with that lol
- MCWIDOW IM CRYING
- Ugh they really giving Amelia a who’s your baby daddy storyline?
- OMG A CAR THROUGH JOE’S – it’s been a while since something super dramatic happened I guess
- Bailey had a miscarriage 😦 oh no poor Bailey
- Maggie is being sued for her cousin’s death. Yikes. Thought we’d seen enough of court rooms for now
- Schmitt having a broken heart I cannot. Why he is like the cutest character
- This whole Owen proposing to Teddy thing I feel came out of nowhere like why was everyone pushing him to propose? Yes they have kids together and everything but like…idk give them time
- Also love that they got engaged for five minutes and Teddy already lost her engagement ring lol
- I really hope Amelia’s baby is Link’s because I need them to work it out
- Ugh I hate that Alex is MIA and I already know they write him out terribly but the fact they gave him a hospital to run and then he just disappears is terrible
- Also Catherine buying the hospital Richard works at to get revenge is such a power move. What a queen lol though I’m sad that her and Richard aren’t going to last I thought it would work
- I feel bad that Tom is always being made out to be the bad guy. Like sure it’s great for Mer and the gang to stand up for better treatment but Tom is a nice guy when he wants to be
- So is DeLuca just randomly spiraling now with this random nod to his dad? This is a weak storyline, even when his dad came by the first time I thought it was a bit shit…
- Oh so the DeLuca thing is just to give Meredith a reason to get with the other doctor guy…why can’t she just get with him anyway lol
- Wow Nico be pulling some manipulative moves over here with Levi. I only want good things for Levi so that gotta stop
- Oh so Teddy suspects Amelia’s baby might be Owen’s and immediately runs to Tom. That’s shitty because Tom deserves more than to be second best
- Wow so they are finally addressing Alex being gone and IT IS THE WORST
- I remember reading about him leaving and how terrible it was with the letters but actually watching it was so much worse like I’m so angry about this whole thing
- Like if he was gonna leave why could they have not written it in better like before he started at the other hospital and before he got married to Jo?
- Plus of all the things to run off with Izzie because she had his babies like I hate it so much they tried so hard to make it okay but like to me it will never be. Jo does not deserve this and neither does anyone like I think I would rather he have been killed off honestly
- There’s just so much issue I have with this
- In other news we Stan bailey for taking that kid in under her wing so he can go to college and live his best life
- Okay so DeLuca is a bit extreme and a little crazy but he was right about that woman and the human trafficking, I guess it’s sad that no one believed him…
- So Nico and Levi are over and Levi is gonna move in with Jo – I think they will be cute roommates
- Tom is doing something shady by taking money from that rocket guy – I wonder when that will go wrong…because there’s no way that doesn’t go south
- Wow something bad is happening with Richard?! Nooooo I can’t have this. Honestly this show is putting me THROUGH it this season, after being so angry about Alex and so confused about DeLuca and heartbroken over Richard. I hate them for all these emotions.
- Also who is that guy Maggie was talking to at the conference and do we love them or no? I think it’s a bit wild and too soon for them to really jump into something but I guess it would be nice to have her have something
- Oh and Teddy was in a relationship with a woman? I mean I am all for having LGBT+ relationships and I think we need more of them but I just didn’t see it coming. Sad that we didn’t see more of that though.
- So Richard was acting all crazy because of a rotting hip replacement? That’s wild and I love/hate they resolved it so quickly. I mean it’s great that Richard is going to be fine and all but also I hate that it wasn’t a very long issue, like sometimes I like the mystery to be drawn out…
- I feel sad that Richard isn’t willing to give Catherine another chance though…
- Okay so I know everyone hates Owen (at least everyone on the Grey’s subreddit) but I think it is so brutal making him listen to that voicemail of Teddy and Tom. That being said – how in the hell did she accidentally call him and at that specific moment, like you don’t go into Tom’s office about to call your fiance and then end up having sex with Tom…like you just don’t lol
So those were my thoughts on season 16 of Grey’s Anatomy. I am still very angry about how they decided to do Alex’s departure. I also think it’s horrible how they kind of just had one episode about it and he’s never really mentioned again as if it was nothing, but I suppose that’s how we do things in Grey’s after someone moves away. I mean can you believe Jackson has a child with April? You wouldn’t even know now lol.
But anyway, I am wondering where we go from here, I wonder how long we can keep going at this rate, I mean who knows how long it will be before another major character pulls out? I mean I know if Bailey and Richard leave it’s over. As much as I love some of the newer characters I just don’t see it without them.
Obviously Meredith will always be around, I’m pretty sure I saw a thing that said as long as Ellen Pompeo was on board with it they would continue to make Grey’s but honestly, how long can she continue to go on if everyone really does leave her for good? I mean she’ll always have a support system because she is Meredith Grey but like…how long can it really go on?
I mean I’ll still be along for the ride for sure, but I guess we just see what happens. Maybe in season 17 they can finally get Meredith and the new doctor guy together – I still haven’t picked up his name after all this time but we’ll see if they even keep him around.
I don’t really have predictions for what could happen because let’s face it, with Grey’s you never know for sure. Plus with the pandemic and everything, who knows when the show will even be back. I hope we don’t have to wait too long, but I guess in the mean time it’s back to trying to find something new to watch.
~ Courtney x
For my birthday this year, I decided to upgrade from my old Fitbit to a Samsung Galaxy Active 2.
I decided to choose the Samsung over another Fitbit because I thought it would give me more of a smart watch feel in terms of being able to use more apps than just tracking exercise.
One thing I was sad about when deciding to leave Fitbit was that all my data from the last two years using Fitbit was useless coming into using a Samsung smart watch. Samsung uses their own health app for tracking everything and you can’t import any of the data from Fitbit into it, something I was sad to learn about when I first got my phone. But it’s okay, I mean I’m not super into tracking my steps/sleep so much that I really analyse the data that is collected, but it still would have been nice to have it all in one place.
Aside from that I have been using the watch for a month now and I am really enjoying it.
I have found that it has helped me be more active in lockdown as I have been using it to track my walking and other exercise. I didn’t really actively track my walking when I was using the Fitbit because I wasn’t really going on walks, at least not planned walks. But I do enjoy seeing the progress I’ve been making and it makes me feel good to know I’ve done something other than sit in the house all day during lockdown. (Though that has been the majority of it).
In terms of look and functionality I find the watch really easy to use, I like the touch bezel and everything. It is a big step up from my Fitbit as the touchscreen on it was tough and wasn’t really used.
I also enjoy the customisation options of the face of the watch, though I wish when it came to using your own photo background that you had more options for the time display and also options on whether you wanted to display the date and things too. I did look into it and I know there are other ways to create your own watch faces but I don’t know if I’m that dedicated yet.
Plus I know there are a range of watch faces you can download and purchase on the Samsung Store app as well, though I don’t really know if I want to spend money on a watch face when I’ve already spent so much money on the watch to begin with.
As for other features on the watch I feel like they are all pretty standard, and similar to what I had before on the Fitbit. I have been using the watch to track my sleep as well, I find it is pretty accurate though sometimes doesn’t always register when I get up in the morning, but it’s not the end of the world.
The Samsung Health app is nice too, and I enjoy the look of it and it syncs pretty quickly with the watch too. I don’t have any complaints with it, plus every month the Samsung Health app has a step goal community thing which is cool, I never get anywhere close to completing the step goals but I think that’s something fun. I’m sure it would be more fun if I had friends on the Samsung app to compete against but I currently do not have any.
If I had to complain about anything with the watch it would be the battery life. Sadly the battery on the watch only lasts 2 days, which is fine when you don’t really leave the house so you can just charge it at the desk or whatever but I think could be annoying if you are out all day and can’t charge the watch.
I find even when I wasn’t tracking exercise during the two days or anything the watch still lasts about the same amount of time as when I have been using it to track exercise and things. So I don’t really know if there’s any other ways to improve battery life. I suppose if you kept it solely as a watch and didn’t use any of the other features that would keep the battery life but that’s not really why we buy smart watches is it?
Aside from the battery life though I am really enjoying the watch, and I am enjoying getting to use it more as I have been making the effort to start going on more walks and have been able to use it out and about as lockdown has slowly started lifting.
One thing I am sad about though is that the screen is already scratched, I thought I could leave the watch without a screen protector because I don’t like screen protectors, but I had to cave and get one because I didn’t want to the screen to continue to get scratched up when I’ve barely had the watch for a month.
I suppose the one thing my Fitbit did have was a more durable screen but I wasn’t expecting the screen on this watch to be so fragile. But I’ve learnt my lesson so it’s protected now. The screen protector is okay, nothing fancy £6 or something from Amazon.
Sometimes the screen protector interferes with me trying to use the touch screen on the watch but it’s not so bad, I think it would be more annoying if I was actively using the touchscreen on the watch a lot but it’s nothing terrible. But we’ll see how long it lasts.
Oh and one thing I was super excited about with this watch is that it is waterproof, though I haven’t fully tested that because I’m a bit sceptical, I mean I don’t think I would ever be okay if someone was like “yeah you can wear that electrical thing to track your swimming”. Not that I can swim but that’s not the point, I doubt I’ll be jumping into water anytime soon thinking it’s okay with the watch on. But it’s still nice to know it’s not the end of the world if some water does get on it somehow.
So those are all my thoughts on the Samsung Galaxy Active 2! As someone who is not super active it’s not important to me how accurately the watch can track certain exercises, but it is nice to have the option. As for an overall watch I think it’s great and I enjoy it though if you are looking for just a basic smart watch there are definitely others on the market at a much more affordable price. But if you want something a bit more fancy and flashy I think this is a great option, it’s also slim and light so not bulky or anything which is also nice.
I’ll be interested to see how the watch holds up in the long run, I feel like with smart watches you don’t want to be changing them as often as other technology pieces but at the same time it’s hard to avoid it with the advances companies make with each new model. But we will see what happens.
~ Courtney x
During lockdown I have been taking some time to play around with makeup! I mean what else are you going to do when you can’t leave the house? Naturally I had to take some photos because otherwise the makeup would have been totally wasted, but it has been fun to mess around and experiment!
So please enjoy some selfies below of the makeup looks that I have done in lockdown, they aren’t the most wild or artistic looks in the world but I still enjoyed doing them a lot!
All makeup looks were done using the Shane Dawson X Jeffree Star Conspiracy palette, I know that those two are not the most popular people on the internet right now but I bought the makeup and it needs to be used because it cost a lot of money and I don’t want it to go to waste!
We have made it to the final season of One Tree Hill.
I am not sure what to expect going into this as season 8 wrapped up pretty nicely with nothing cropping up that could cause drama this season. But who knows? I usually try to predict what happens on the show but I’m usually wrong. So let’s just dive into this shall we?
Here are my thoughts on season 9 of One Tree Hill:
- Chris Keller and Dan? Dan’s diner on fire, he will take care of the killing…what?
- Chase arrested – blood on his face?
- Brooke destroying the cafe
- Julien being beat up – my first guess is it’s movie related
- Haley identifying a body – If Nathan or anyone in her family dies I’ll be so upset wtf, though I mean if it’s Dan that would be okay
- Quinn and Clay fighting because Clay is in trouble… Clay sleepwalks?
- I’m going to say Dan clearly set his own diner on fire to get close with his grandkids
- Also I think Clay runs into Julien and he’s the one who is punching him…It could be likely
- Okay so actually Clay is on drugs…yikes. This is probably why he was telling Quinn he didn’t want her there
- So Alex is going on tour and Chase is alone again. Poor guy…
- Omg Julien left one of the babies alone in his car?! What the heck bro
- Brooke will never talk to him again
- Brooke is gonna get screwed over by her dad I feel it
- Haley sticking up for Dan? I can’t believe it…
- Chuck acting like Chris Keller is gross
- Millie called Mouth fat on TV and…yikes
- I mean he has put on weight but it’s crazy lol
- Okay so Clay doesn’t remember anything about buying drugs and stuff – so he just does this stuff while he’s sleep walking? Dude this is the last season, I do not have time to have people having issues that can be resolved in like 3 episodes
- I knew Dan set fire to his own restaurant. Shady.
- And Nathan got kidnapped over some client thing…omg does he really die?! THIS CAN’T HAPPEN
- Also Julien getting punched was because he thought he deserved punishment for leaving his kid in a car. Okay fair, seen it done before in Gossip Girl. Hope he can get out of this funk
- I think Brooke was totally justified in wrecking that cafe
- Chase is sleeping with Chris Keller’s girlfriend AND she owns the new cafe in town? Wild
- Also Tara is familiar to me and I looked it up and apparently I know her from the Bratz movie LOL
- But yeah Brooke was right to destroy her cafe. What a bitch
- Enter: Lucas – man it’s been two seasons and I don’t really miss you, plus your haircut looks stupid
- Chase has been called to duty – yikes…
- So Dan is going on this manhunt for Nathan, how does Chris Keller get roped into it? But also, how couldn’t he because he always just seems to insert himself into situations
- Brooke is going to confront that crazy ass dude who killed Quentin, that is so random after all this time…I almost didn’t remember if they didn’t throw in flashbacks
- Oh so this season we just putting everyone’s life in danger, Nathan’s with the kidnapping, Brooke with this guy who kill Quentin, Clay because he sleepwalks…what’s going on guys
- Also love that Lucas was only there for 5 minutes
- So Chase beat Chuck’s dad to death? I completely forgot about that shot of him in a police car in the first episode…omg
- Okay well he didn’t beat Chuck’s dad to death but it was still pretty crazy to go into the house and start hitting a guy with a crowbar
- Julien is helping Dan and I thought that was an unlikely pairing but I’m still not seeing where Chris Keller fits in
- I also hate that that cop Haley talked to is actually in on the whole Nathan thing – like he looks a bit sketch and now we know he sketchy – not cute.
- AND CLAY HAS A CHILD? Damn this is wild. I thought this kid was real cute and I hope he comes around, I think it could work out
- Oh my Gosh Lauren is pregnant and she is dating David – this is so random?
- Also why is it never addressed again – the whole Lauren and David thing seemed so unnecessary but I guess they are trying real hard to tie up all loose ends this season
- So Chris Keller gets dragged into the whole Nathan thing because he wants to be a hero – classy
- Honestly the whole Nathan rescue thing was kind of wild but they really did give Dan the redemption he was seeking after all this time
- I remember reading that Dan got his redemption storyline but I wasn’t really looking for it, but it came and it was huge. I mean he earned it but it felt a little dragged out for me. I don’t know, maybe I was glad the whole Dan thing was finally over, I mean it has been a big thing after all these years…
- I knew that Brooke’s dad was going to try and screw her over ugh
- Okay well Brooke’s whole family storyline is so wild. Like her parents fighting for years only to come together again and the three of them starting this clothing line journey together? So wild
- Plus I knew that Xavier was going to cause some drama with Brooke but luckily Tara stepped in to save the day – predictable but I’m just glad nothing happened to Brooke
- Not gonna lie I hate the idea they had of making Julien make a TV show based off Lucas’s book. I mean come on guys let’s not be so meta this has to be a thing. Isn’t it bad enough they tried to make that movie?
- Also the end episode was okay, I honestly think other season finales have been better. This one was just a bit too tacky and cliche I think.
- That being said I totally cried at everyone singing the theme song. Ugh I’m a sucker for cute group scenes.
- Also Clay and Quinn starting their new family was probably the cutest storyline of all. I was so happy for them.
- I am also glad that Mouth and Millie were starting their family too, we love everything working out for the best.
And that is where we end things with One Tree Hill. I’m not going to lie I am probably going to miss the show. Maybe not as much as other shows I watched in the past, but it was definitely an enjoyable one.
If I had to say anything I guess it’s that I wish they could have saved Lucas’s cameo until the final episode. It was nice to see him show up for Haley but like it was for 2 minutes in an airport and it was actually a bit shitty. So that sucked. It’s kind of like maybe they shouldn’t have had him in it at all in the end, it just seemed weird.
Anyway, yeah it’s wild to me we finally made it here, 9 seasons later. Definitely a wild rollercoaster ride but glad we made it to the end.
I’m not sure where we go from here because it always sucks trying to find new TV shows but I’m sure I’ll find something. Maybe I should take the approach I do with books where I just pick one up I vaguely like the sound of and read it. But sometimes that can be a big commitment.
I think Amazon Prime also has the OC and Dawson’s Creek so I might look into those, they seem to be along a similar line of the kind of show I like to watch, though it would be nice to find something modern…
If anyone has suggestions for me then let me know! In the meantime I’ve been really into the books I’ve been reading so I’ll continue to work on them and hopefully in my down time I will stumble onto another TV show to watch!
~ Courtney x
I was super excited to do this plan with me! I have wanted to do one of these for the longest time and I thought this was the perfect week to do it!
Finally made it through season 8! I thought I was never going to get through to be honest. The whole Clay and Quinn out of body thing is not my favourite so I kind of stopped watching for a while after the first few episodes.
Obviously I needed to know if they died or not after the cliffhanger last season, but I felt like they dragged out the whole out of body thing. I don’t know what it is about those episodes but I really don’t like them, even when they did them in the early seasons with Lucas I just thought they were a bit dumb.
Anyway yeah once we got past that I did quite enjoy this season. So here are my thoughts about the goings on in season 8 of One Tree Hill:
- Brooke got arrested for fraud?! Her mom and Millie lied about Clothes Over Bros profits to launch the men’s line?! This is wild I can’t believe after everything Brooke might lose her company
- Haley is writing to Lucas, I guess this is better than calling her mom’s old phone but will she actually get letters back lol
- Mia is staying? And I guess they only had her break up with Chase so we could have some kind of love triangle between him, Alex and her. Ugh. I don’t know if I like this
- Jamie asking about sex is hilarious plus he GOOGLED omg wild
- They had me thinking that Clay and Quinn were alive and that Clay just had a dream where they were shot wow. They had me for a second. But can someone please discover them. Though because of the intro and seeing them both as main cast it’s obvious they survive, way to go with the spoilers lads
- The weird Clay and Quinn out of body thing is not my fave, like I thought it was stupid when it happened to Lucas and it is still dumb
- Millie and Mouth awkwardly talking after they slept together omg this is wild
- I can’t believe that Brooke is going to bankrupt herself to pay back investors – what a queen, I mean I still can’t believe she has to do it but here we are
- Also her mother going to jail was probably one of the best things she could have ever done for her
- So Alex and Chase are still a thing and I think it’s weird but okay
- Nathan is quitting basketball, interesting and also kind of crazy considering all of last season was him being mad that Clay wasn’t going to get him a deal for next season and now he’s just like well I’m out lol
- I know Nathan is scrubbing away at the carpet where Clay and Quinn got shot but in all honesty I think I would just replace the carpet…
- Even I knew that when Julien’s mum came into town she would wanna control the wedding, the excuse “I’m paying for it” is totally gonna be the thing
- Okay so Alex bailed, I was wondering how long it would take for that to happen
- Can Millicent and Mouth just get back together because I thought they would have by now, come on Mouth you know you want to…
- I am not a fan of the intro song changing every five minutes, what is that about
- Trying to figure out if we love or hate Julien’s mom, I still don’t really know but we love her inviting Brooke’s mom to Thanksgiving
- The Thanksgiving episode was cute – I love seeing everyone together, minus Chase…though Alex and Mia fighting was a real riot
- I thought the stalker thing with Quinn would have lasted longer, I mean I had a feeling something was up with her when she came back from her trip – but oh well. At least it’s done.
- Also love that of all people she could have went to about murder she chose Dan Scott, I totally forgot about him and wondered where he went but I guess I no longer wonder
- That storm episode really had me going like I was so emotional and worried about everyone’s lives. Mostly Jamie’s tbh because it is so heartbreaking for them to kill off a kid. But he was fine and all was well
- That being said the whole Julien being a hero thing was a bit wild, I don’t know if I really like him as a character tbh. I don’t know what it is but I just don’t take him seriously or something, I was kind of hoping he would be gone by now but I guess he and Brooke are endgame
- Is Alex staying or going? Is Mia staying or going? Like I just want to know if they will be regular cast or not because I do like them but if they only around for Chase…one of them will go right?
- OR all three of them go after Chase finally chooses one or something I don’t know the storyline is kind of tired
- Why did Brooke and Julien’s wedding seem so boring? I feel like I was expecting so much more
- That superhero episode was just so cringey, glad I am past that…
- I knew things were too good to be true with Brooke and the baby – I’m sad she isn’t going to get the baby but I hope that things work out for her and Julien
- And by that I mean please don’t move to New York guys – I mean Brooke was so not about moving to LA for Julien and insisted they stay in Tree Hill and now she’s like “nah let’s go to New York”? Flaky
- Okay so Kellerman’s son was the one to drive Brooke and Jamie off a bridge – yikes. I mean it was kind of obvious it was him and not Kellerman like he definitely doesn’t seem like the type to get drunk and drive someone off a bridge, but his son? Absolutely
- I think it’s really random they decided to make Alex a singer, I don’t know why but like it bothers me – not everyone who is an actress should sing lads
- Also what happened to Mia?
- They can’t destroy the River Court – I feel like they will fight for it to be saved and win because that’s how things happen around here
- Ha I knew they weren’t gonna take the River Court
- It’s weird but kind of nice they reverted Clothes over Bros back to Karen’s cafe
- Also love how Haley went from being a teacher for 5 minutes, to doing music for 5 minutes and now runs a cafe
- I know it sounds mean but I wish Brooke hadn’t got magically pregnant and with twins no less. I think it would have been nice if they had managed to adopt because adoption storylines are hardly ever a thing and it’s important
- Jamie going through that little breakup with Madison probably broke me apart than most of the relationships on this show
- Kind of surprised Chase took Alex back. I think that’s a bit meh but proud of him for finally becoming a pilot
- I’m glad we are still going to have Mouth and Millie in the morning. They so cute together
And that is everything in season 8 of One Tree Hill.
I got the feeling that they thought this was going to be the last season – and I’ve definitely said this before about the show but it’s kind of annoying when they wrap everything up real well like it’s the end and everyone is all happy, but then because there’s another season something has to go wrong so we have the drama.
But again, once more if you just stop watching here it would probably be fine, I can’t see them having anything super crazy in the last season especially if they want to keep this whole happy ending thing going.
Anyway, I’m not sure what is next for everyone to be honest, I mean Brooke and Julien are new parents who are living their best lives, the Scott family is thriving as always and everyone else is just there? I mean I guess maybe I would guess Quinn and Clay get married – considering they randomly just started talking about how Quinn and Clay should get engaged in that one episode.
I think I read Lucas comes back or something in the last season so I mean I guess that would be nice to see him after all this time. So that will be nice to look forward to.
Aside from that I wonder where things will end for good considering they seem to be so good at magically having everything wrap up in the end since they’ve done it 4 times or so already…but I bet I’ll still be a sucker for the ending because that’s the kind of person I am.
So I’ll be back soon with my final blog post on One Tree Hill!
~ Courtney x
I picked this book up at the start of the year in Waterstones, I almost didn’t but I was buying a few books that day anyway and decided to take a chance. I am so glad I did.
I loved this book.
The story is about Ever, an Asian American who’s parents want her to attend medical school when she has a passion for dance. I suppose it is the age old story we all know, where the child’s parents are pushing them to do something that they don’t want to do.
On top of this, Ever’s parents have sent her to a summer in Chien Tan in Teipai, it is a summer school for the Asian American Elite. And is definitely not how Ever thought she would be spending her last summer before college.
I am not familiar with the culture but I found it interesting to learn about through the book. Supposedly parents send their children off to summer schools like this to find suitable partners for them. Hence the title Loveboat as everyone is hooking up and partying and trying to make the best out of the situation they are in.
Ever is thrown in the deep end at Chien Tan with a roommate who is hell bent on taking full advantage of Loveboat, while Ever decides to spend the summer breaking all the rules her parents set for her.
As the novel progresses, Ever realises that instead of trying to do things because she can that she should focus on doing things because she wants to, and she begins to come into her own identity.
I found myself relating a lot to Ever in the story, as I understand a lot of the pressure that Asian families put on their children. I mean my parents have never been pushy or anything about what I should be doing with my life, but it’s an underlying thing. You know how much they have sacrificed of their own lives for you and you feel the need to repay them in some way.
I know these feelings are not specific to Asian culture but it is definitely stronger there, especially if the family has emigrated from Asia to a Western country. They gave up everything and worked hard to give you the opportunities you have, so turning around and declining to do something for them feels like a betrayal. Which is how Ever feels about choosing dance over medical school.
Aside from the conflict of identity and breaking rules, Ever also has her own loveboat experiences as she ends up tangled in a bit of a love square? I can’t say I was super surprised about her love interests but I think I was surprised about the way things ended up.
I think it was a bit crap how things ended up with Xavier, the boy who didn’t get picked in the end, I guess I just hoped that he and Ever would remain friends, because they were friendly for a while before Ever chose Rick. But I guess when you have feelings for someone who doesn’t feel the same way, it’s best to stay away from the other person and protect yourself.
Overall an enjoyable read and I was super excited to find out that someone has bought the film rights to the book. I would love to see it come to life on screen because I think it would be amazing to see Taipei and this world come to life on screen.
I also found out that there will be a sequel to this book so I wonder where it will take us, I think it stands well as a solo book but I will definitely pick up a sequel if it’s released.
If you haven’t read this yet, I highly recommend it as I enjoyed it a lot, and I think it’s a great way to kick off some summer reading.
~ Courtney x