It’s been a while so I thought I would do a little life update
I filmed this last month but I really wanted to show it off because I’m obsessed with how it turned out 🙂
During lockdown I have been taking some time to play around with makeup! I mean what else are you going to do when you can’t leave the house? Naturally I had to take some photos because otherwise the makeup would have been totally wasted, but it has been fun to mess around and experiment!
So please enjoy some selfies below of the makeup looks that I have done in lockdown, they aren’t the most wild or artistic looks in the world but I still enjoyed doing them a lot!
All makeup looks were done using the Shane Dawson X Jeffree Star Conspiracy palette, I know that those two are not the most popular people on the internet right now but I bought the makeup and it needs to be used because it cost a lot of money and I don’t want it to go to waste!
We have made it to the final season of One Tree Hill.
I am not sure what to expect going into this as season 8 wrapped up pretty nicely with nothing cropping up that could cause drama this season. But who knows? I usually try to predict what happens on the show but I’m usually wrong. So let’s just dive into this shall we?
Here are my thoughts on season 9 of One Tree Hill:
- Chris Keller and Dan? Dan’s diner on fire, he will take care of the killing…what?
- Chase arrested – blood on his face?
- Brooke destroying the cafe
- Julien being beat up – my first guess is it’s movie related
- Haley identifying a body – If Nathan or anyone in her family dies I’ll be so upset wtf, though I mean if it’s Dan that would be okay
- Quinn and Clay fighting because Clay is in trouble… Clay sleepwalks?
- I’m going to say Dan clearly set his own diner on fire to get close with his grandkids
- Also I think Clay runs into Julien and he’s the one who is punching him…It could be likely
- Okay so actually Clay is on drugs…yikes. This is probably why he was telling Quinn he didn’t want her there
- So Alex is going on tour and Chase is alone again. Poor guy…
- Omg Julien left one of the babies alone in his car?! What the heck bro
- Brooke will never talk to him again
- Brooke is gonna get screwed over by her dad I feel it
- Haley sticking up for Dan? I can’t believe it…
- Chuck acting like Chris Keller is gross
- Millie called Mouth fat on TV and…yikes
- I mean he has put on weight but it’s crazy lol
- Okay so Clay doesn’t remember anything about buying drugs and stuff – so he just does this stuff while he’s sleep walking? Dude this is the last season, I do not have time to have people having issues that can be resolved in like 3 episodes
- I knew Dan set fire to his own restaurant. Shady.
- And Nathan got kidnapped over some client thing…omg does he really die?! THIS CAN’T HAPPEN
- Also Julien getting punched was because he thought he deserved punishment for leaving his kid in a car. Okay fair, seen it done before in Gossip Girl. Hope he can get out of this funk
- I think Brooke was totally justified in wrecking that cafe
- Chase is sleeping with Chris Keller’s girlfriend AND she owns the new cafe in town? Wild
- Also Tara is familiar to me and I looked it up and apparently I know her from the Bratz movie LOL
- But yeah Brooke was right to destroy her cafe. What a bitch
- Enter: Lucas – man it’s been two seasons and I don’t really miss you, plus your haircut looks stupid
- Chase has been called to duty – yikes…
- So Dan is going on this manhunt for Nathan, how does Chris Keller get roped into it? But also, how couldn’t he because he always just seems to insert himself into situations
- Brooke is going to confront that crazy ass dude who killed Quentin, that is so random after all this time…I almost didn’t remember if they didn’t throw in flashbacks
- Oh so this season we just putting everyone’s life in danger, Nathan’s with the kidnapping, Brooke with this guy who kill Quentin, Clay because he sleepwalks…what’s going on guys
- Also love that Lucas was only there for 5 minutes
- So Chase beat Chuck’s dad to death? I completely forgot about that shot of him in a police car in the first episode…omg
- Okay well he didn’t beat Chuck’s dad to death but it was still pretty crazy to go into the house and start hitting a guy with a crowbar
- Julien is helping Dan and I thought that was an unlikely pairing but I’m still not seeing where Chris Keller fits in
- I also hate that that cop Haley talked to is actually in on the whole Nathan thing – like he looks a bit sketch and now we know he sketchy – not cute.
- AND CLAY HAS A CHILD? Damn this is wild. I thought this kid was real cute and I hope he comes around, I think it could work out
- Oh my Gosh Lauren is pregnant and she is dating David – this is so random?
- Also why is it never addressed again – the whole Lauren and David thing seemed so unnecessary but I guess they are trying real hard to tie up all loose ends this season
- So Chris Keller gets dragged into the whole Nathan thing because he wants to be a hero – classy
- Honestly the whole Nathan rescue thing was kind of wild but they really did give Dan the redemption he was seeking after all this time
- I remember reading that Dan got his redemption storyline but I wasn’t really looking for it, but it came and it was huge. I mean he earned it but it felt a little dragged out for me. I don’t know, maybe I was glad the whole Dan thing was finally over, I mean it has been a big thing after all these years…
- I knew that Brooke’s dad was going to try and screw her over ugh
- Okay well Brooke’s whole family storyline is so wild. Like her parents fighting for years only to come together again and the three of them starting this clothing line journey together? So wild
- Plus I knew that Xavier was going to cause some drama with Brooke but luckily Tara stepped in to save the day – predictable but I’m just glad nothing happened to Brooke
- Not gonna lie I hate the idea they had of making Julien make a TV show based off Lucas’s book. I mean come on guys let’s not be so meta this has to be a thing. Isn’t it bad enough they tried to make that movie?
- Also the end episode was okay, I honestly think other season finales have been better. This one was just a bit too tacky and cliche I think.
- That being said I totally cried at everyone singing the theme song. Ugh I’m a sucker for cute group scenes.
- Also Clay and Quinn starting their new family was probably the cutest storyline of all. I was so happy for them.
- I am also glad that Mouth and Millie were starting their family too, we love everything working out for the best.
And that is where we end things with One Tree Hill. I’m not going to lie I am probably going to miss the show. Maybe not as much as other shows I watched in the past, but it was definitely an enjoyable one.
If I had to say anything I guess it’s that I wish they could have saved Lucas’s cameo until the final episode. It was nice to see him show up for Haley but like it was for 2 minutes in an airport and it was actually a bit shitty. So that sucked. It’s kind of like maybe they shouldn’t have had him in it at all in the end, it just seemed weird.
Anyway, yeah it’s wild to me we finally made it here, 9 seasons later. Definitely a wild rollercoaster ride but glad we made it to the end.
I’m not sure where we go from here because it always sucks trying to find new TV shows but I’m sure I’ll find something. Maybe I should take the approach I do with books where I just pick one up I vaguely like the sound of and read it. But sometimes that can be a big commitment.
I think Amazon Prime also has the OC and Dawson’s Creek so I might look into those, they seem to be along a similar line of the kind of show I like to watch, though it would be nice to find something modern…
If anyone has suggestions for me then let me know! In the meantime I’ve been really into the books I’ve been reading so I’ll continue to work on them and hopefully in my down time I will stumble onto another TV show to watch!
~ Courtney x
I was super excited to do this plan with me! I have wanted to do one of these for the longest time and I thought this was the perfect week to do it!
This season had a lot going on.
First of all I want to address the obvious: Lucas and Peyton are gone?! And don’t come back…not cute at all. I definitely missed them in the beginning but by the end I feel like they threw so many characters in to distract from the fact they were missing.
The show is definitely different without our two main leads, I mean what is the show without the drama of Lucas and Peyton? I guess there is still the same level of drama but it just doesn’t feel right…
Anyway, aside from getting over the shock they weren’t going to be around this season things were okay. I mean I definitely didn’t predict anything correct as usual, but I’ve come to accept that. I’m just along for the ride at this point.
So please enjoy my thoughts as we jump into season 7 of One Tree Hill:
- So Nathan is doing real well in the NBA, got himself an agent who seems bit sketchy – but I think it’s just because I trust no new character on the show ever
- Dan is a motivational speaker? What is that?
- Are Brooke and Julien ever going to really be together or will his work always pull him away?
- Oh and Haley now runs the record label which means she is officially done being a teacher? Lol thanks Peyton, though it seems she is facing a shut down – yikes.
- DAN IS MARRIED TO RACHEL HAHAHAHA what is going on
- That girl showing up to say she slept with Nathan and is pregnant is not going away any time soon
- Also that actress working for Brooke is a hot mess and something is going to be messed up by her in some way or another
- Skills and Mouth having a naked confrontation about the apartment is hilarious but also it’s kind of rude that Mouth just expected Skillz to move out first. Why couldn’t he find a place with Millie?
- Yeah that actress trying to sink her claws into Julien. Yikes.
- Also Millicent taking diet pills oh no 😦
- We love Mouth standing up for Nathan and having integrity
- Dan exposing that woman is probably the best thing he ever did for Nathan
- Mia and Chase are so cute why can’t they be full time cast
- So Haley’s sister is staying full time then?
- Wow Millicent isn’t just on diet pills she is on cocaine too? That escalated quickly
- Dan and Rachel back in town lol awkward
- So Clay had a wife before…interesting
- Is it mad for me to say I’m not surprised Alex committed suicide…like she seemed destructive always and her getting in between Julien and Brooke was crazy
- Also are Haley and Nathan really just going off to Spain?
- Wonder when someone is going to stop Millicent because it’s sad
- Plus if Mouth goes to LA I’ll miss him
- Lol of course Millicent escapes from rehab. I’m so sad her story went this way
- Good for Dan for finally dumping Rachel and moving on to better things after all this time
- WHY CAN’T BROOKE EVER HAVE ANYTHING. No baby, no Julien…my heart breaks for her
- We love when things work out for Nathan and Haley although let’s be real everything works out for them eventually lol
- Of course Clay and Quinn get together. I called it as soon as I saw them together – why introduce new cast members if they aren’t going to be together?
- Love to see Millie working the programme she needs it
- Also we see you Victoria being cute to help Millicent back on track
- The James family drama is wild like Taylor coming back and sleeping with David who is Quinn’s ex husband hahaha wild
- Also sad their mom is dying 😦
- Mouth came back! Will he stay?
- I hate that they basically brought Skillz girlfriend back in to get with Mouth – HE SHOULD BE WITH MILLICENT
- But also Skillz is back and his girlfriend didn’t even break up with him before she kissed Mouth?
- Brooke punching Alex is iconic
- I didn’t expect Victoria to be dating Alexander though
- Also that guy recording a sex tape what a dick
- So the guy who made the sex tape is gay, scandalous. Kind of not a big shocker but I think Alex handled it really well
- Haley is suffering from depression because her mom died. This is understandable but while she was going through her whole phase it was super annoying, I’m glad she is going to get through it though
- I knew that girl was going to go psycho on Clay and Quinn as soon as we saw her. Of course she looks like Clay’s dead wife and of course she would dye her hair and stalk him
- Clay did a really good job of handling the whole situation though so props to him.
- The Skillz and Mouth drama didn’t last very long, but then I suppose guys don’t tend to dwell in those things especially when Mouth said he couldn’t date Lauren in the end. Which is fine because I still root for him and Millie to work things out
- Kind of mad that they broke Chase and Mia up just so Chase would get with Alex? Like Alex has grown on me but at the same time I think she would be okay without a love interest for a while…
- It was so cute when everyone went out to see Julien’s movie. It kind of reminded me of that one episode where everyone stayed at Rachel’s house. That was fun
- It was random that Chase was there but like I said they were setting up the whole him and Alex thing. I do like Chase though so if it means he is sticking around then it’s fine by me
- Side note: I don’t really know what they were doing with the musician guy and the English girl the whole way though the season, like she ends up leaving and so does he. It seemed random, I guess they just wanted an excuse to put the guys music on the show lol
- I’m glad Julian’s movie was a success but like it had to have been because there was no way they would have made us all go through that for it to flop lol
- Also yasss Julien coming through with the proposal to Brooke we love that
- Plus Haley pregnant again? I did think it was random that one time we saw her take a pregnancy test…but it was negative so I wasn’t expecting her to actually be pregnant though I guess it would make sense for them to have another baby, they got a cute family
- I was NOT expecting that psycho girl to come back and shoot Quinn AND Clay wtf. They better be okay because honestly can Haley take losing her sister after her mom just died? I guess we see…
This brings us to the end of another season of One Tree Hill! It was a wild ride with two main characters being replaced and a whole lot of drama on the side but we made it through. Again, another season through done in no time thanks to being in lock down.
We only have two seasons left and I am already beginning to wonder what show I will watch next. My friend actually started to watch Gossip Girl recently and so I’ll probably start watching that on the side, but it’s a show I’ve seen a bunch of times over so that doesn’t really count.
I guess I’ll have to start thinking about what to watch. Not that it’s important right now I have to find out if Clay and Quinn are alive!
So I’ll catch you soon in another post about One Tree Hill very soon! 😛
~ Courtney x
Season six of One Tree Hill complete!
I actually think I completed this season faster than any of the seasons so far, I guess this is what lock down does to you lol
So this season was a lot of things, at least I am getting used to everyone being adults now, last season it was weird for me to see everyone as an adult because two minutes before they had just graduated from high school, but now I see it.
I liked this season, it had a lot of good drama in there, some of it got a bit boring towards the second half of the season but that might have been because I watched too many episodes in one day. I know that sounds impossible but it’s a thing.
Now without further ado, these are my thoughts on season six:
- Thank GOD Lucas chose Peyton – I definitely could not imagine Brooke and Lucas getting married after everything I thought they mutually agreed that wouldn’t happen haha
- Dan was hit by the BABYSITTER wow I thought she was gone but I guess not, I’m not mad about it but at the same time she needs to stay away from everyone else please
- She didn’t even take him to an actual hospital, she just had that set up in her house wtf she is more of a psycho than I thought she was
- Did Brooke’s mom really hire someone to come and beat up and rob her? I AM SO ANGRY
- I can’t believe they did Q dirty like that and killed him off…I knew something was up when they were focusing on him so much, like it’s not bad they were focusing on him but it is when they just kill him off
- I cried like a baby when Jamie gave Quentin’s brother the basketball jersey – SO PURE
- I can’t believe the babysitter is literally trying to use Dan to kidnap Jamie again, and not only that but like she dragged him away to her house after hitting him with a car what the fuck
- I never thought I would say this but I need someone to come find Dan because I really don’t need the babysitter to get away with this please
- SHE EVEN TALKED TO DEB – omg please someone tell Deb what this woman looks like – protect Jamie at all costs plz
- I’m glad Brooke is talking to someone about the accident and is working to get closure from her mom. We love a strong woman
- So Deb and Skillz are going the distance? So to speak. Nathan gave his half-approval so this is gonna be a thing? Still weird to me haha
- I had a feeling that Brooke was going to adopt that homeless girl Sam – unlikely pairing but kind of cute
- It’s great that Dan saved everyone from the babysitter – I was surprised that he is actually healed and alive but at the same time not exactly because like I said before, evil don’t die
- It’s nice he gets to spend time with Jamie, I guess those are the only times he seems human
- So Lucas’s second book sucked, sad times I thought he would always be like super successful because you know, how could the great Lucas Scott fail at something?
- I spoke too soon, someone wants to make his book a movie lol
- BUT the guy who wants to make the movie is Peyton’s ex wow drama
- Or not drama because Lucas handled it pretty well
- Peyton met her real dad and he was kind of a dick, wow not surprising. It’s not like she always had the greatest experience meeting family members in the past
- Though it’s cute we saw her brother again! I totally forgot about him
- Mouth is back! I missed him
- Gigi has also returned as Mouth’s intern. This is 100% going to be trouble I can already tell
- Oh yeah after Millicent talked to Gigi I knew she was going to want to cause drama – I mean even if it’s unintentional it’s not going to end well here
- Also they keep talking about Gigi as this “hot college girl” which sure but I still think of her as the same age as all of them like man, she is not that much younger than the rest of you stop being weird about it
- So Nathan has decided to get into something called slam ball? With that guy Brooke dated one time…sure
- Honestly I was expecting a secret addiction to pain medication like Haley was but I’m glad he is not doing that
- OMG HE WENT THROUGH THAT GLASS – yikes. I’m so glad he didn’t get injured again, I don’t know if I could take that
- So I guess the slam ball journey is over but I ain’t mad about that
- Ew they are doing a weird 40’s episode that has nothing to do with the plot of the show – I hate these kind of episodes, I mean at least it’s not a musical…
- And even though it has nothing to do with the plot I have to watch it anyway in case there is something in there that I need to know
- Peyton is pregnant! I did not see that one coming
- Millicent slept with Owen?! I so wish she didn’t
- Plus Owen fell off the wagon, yikes
- Mia and Chase? Could be cute
- Yasss we love Brooke fighting her attacker and getting him arrested because he also killed Quentin
- Brooke also into that producer guy? I guess he is sticking around
- Nathan being bullied by the other basketball guys, gross I guess that they are the guy version of Mean Girls
- So Millicent is leaving for good? That would suck because I really liked her
- Peyton might die if she has this baby? Of course there is something dramatic involved
- Dan almost got his heart but at the last second, a dog ate it lol – I guess he is going off to die
- Victoria is back in town and I don’t trust her at all, shredding Sam’s letters and all shady lady
- Deb and Skillz broke up but I saw that coming, I mean they weren’t really going anywhere
- Peyton in a car accident, I’m not that surprised because how much more dramatic can her pregnancy be
- I’m sad Nathan didn’t get his shot at the NBA, I mean he worked so hard and everything
- Are we even surprised Lucas’s movie fell through though, like it would have been weird if they had a movie about their lives never mind a book – plus everyone was mad at Dan Humphrey when he did it in Gossip Girl, surprised everyone was okay with how Lucas wrote his book
- Peyton and Lucas’s wedding was cute of course
- But I knew Peyton was going to collapse or something, with everything going on with them right now it made sense but I don’t think she is going to die – mostly because I feel like I’ve seen her in the promo photos for later seasons
- On a lighter note, I was so surprised that Haley was the one that had slutty wedding sex haha
- I’m glad Mouth and Millicent are back together, it’s cute they doing long distance so I hope it will last!
- I’m sad that Sam went to spend time with her birth mom but at the same time it felt right, I liked Brooke and her relationship but I feel like I couldn’t see her sticking around forever
- And the finale episode ties up in one convenient happy bow
- Nathan gets picked for the NBA
- Millicent stays in town
- Lucas, Peyton and baby are happy
- Brooke gets with Julien
- All is well in the world of One Tree Hill for now….
So I kind of got the feeling that maybe the show didn’t think it was going to get past season six. There’s something about this season finale that screams series finale. Like everything was tied up in a neat little bow, it seemed like the perfect ending.
But no – the show goes on for like three more seasons haha. Like I said when they graduated from high school, if I just stopped watching now I would be happy with it. But knowing there is still more ahead is interesting.
No idea what is coming now considering they wrapped things up so nicely in this season, honestly wouldn’t even be surprised if there’s another time jump but having two time jumps in a TV series seems excessive but we see what happens.
If I had to guess anything it’s that Nathan is probably going to struggle with his NBA transition, Lucas and Peyton are gonna struggle as first time parents and Brooke is maybe gonna struggle with Julien being in LA while she is in Tree Hill. But my predictions are always wrong lol so maybe the complete opposite will happen. Either way I am going to start watching right away to find out.
~ Courtney x
I thought I would make a blog post to share some things I have been doing since lock down. I guess this will also serve as a little life update blog post.
But yes, lock down. We are all being told to stay at home to reduce the spread of COVID-19 aka Cornavirus and it’s not been easy.
I know when you were a kid, you thought not having to leave your house for school was the best thing ever, but now? It’s just kind of depressing, especially when you can’t go and see your friends or anything else. So it’s been hard to adjust.
It’s not that I did a lot of things outside normally, I’m a very inside person haha I enjoy sitting at home and watching TV etc, but when I think about my day-to-day activity, I still was leaving the house for work and exercise classes, so to suddenly have that taken away has been tough.
The hardest thing about it all is that we don’t have a choice, we have to stay indoors and reduce physical contact with people and it really sucks.
So I thought I would share with you some of the things I have been doing while being stuck at home and not being able to see anyone.
This is a big one. I have been spending most of my free time playing Animal Crossing. Even if I wasn’t in lock down, I know this is something I would be doing because I love Animal Crossing and I was so excited about the release of the new Switch game.
Not only does the game give me something to do and keep busy, it has also been a way that I can meet up with friends and spend time with them.
I have a few Animal Crossing friends that I made when playing the previous game on the 3DS and meeting up with them in Animal Crossing has always been our only form of communication so it felt natural to hang out with them this way again.
It has been super enjoyable being able to spend time diving into this new game and it definitely provides a good escape to the outside world.
To go along with playing a lot of Animal Crossing, I have also started to film Animal Crossing content for my YouTube channel.
This makes me feel productive, and I enjoy doing it. I started YouTube as a hobby over the years and I actually started with Animal Crossing Let’s Plays, so it feels good to kind of go back to that.
Naturally I have also been watching a lot of TV during this time, my boyfriend and I have recently started to watch Westworld on NowTV. It’s a bit of a confusing show but enjoyable, something different to say the least.
I have also been keeping up with watching some One Tree Hill which I started to watch before all this lock down business.
Along with watching TV I have also been using Netflix party to watch Tiger King with my friends. We use the Chrome extension to keep our video in sync while we video chat using Skype.
I enjoy this because it allows me to speak to and see my friends, it’s kind of funny because we usually don’t see each other very often in real life as we all live across the UK in different places, but with this we have been able to see each other twice in one week.
It’s been fun and I’m sure Tiger King is not the only thing we will watch via Netflix Party.
So because I can no longer go to my pole or aerial hoop classes I have started taking online classes. These are offered by my pole and aerial hoop studios, it’s not pole or aerial hoop – mainly because I don’t own either of those but I am enjoying the classes.
I am currently taking a floor flow class to work on some floor choreo and also a stretch class to work on my front splits.
I don’t have a lot of room to take these classes, I just do it in a tiny corner of my living room but it has been helpful to keep some exercise in my life.
As well as online exercise I have been going on walks with my boyfriend, this is nice just to get outside in the fresh air. Something simple and also nice because we live near the coast.
It’s also helpful to get out somewhere when you live in an apartment without a garden. I feel like if I had a garden I would just go out there and enjoy the weather, but because I do not I have to go further out. It can be a bit tricky avoiding people this way because other people are also out walking but you do the best you can.
So these are all the main things I am doing to keep busy during lock down. Of course I am still able to work from home so that has been keeping me occupied during the weekdays.
It’s been an adjustment to work from home full time, I mean it’s hard to really get into the mindset of work sometimes because you are at home and just want to do anything but work. But I think I’m getting better at it though some days are better than others for my concentration.
But I am doing the best I can and I guess that’s all we can do in this situation. I’m also very glad that I’m this time we do have so much technology because it allows us to stay connected even when we can’t see each other in real life.
I am hopeful that if we all are following the guidelines and doing our best that we can get out of lock down soon. I know things won’t go back to normal right away but it would be nice to see some of the restrictions lifted.
In the mean time I will just be sitting inside playing Animal Crossing until we can actually be outside again.
After finding out I missed Day6 last year I made sure it wasn’t going to happen again.
I have listened to Day6 since I found out they were coming to KCon NY 2016. Let’s set the backstory.
So I was going to KCon with my friend Jasmine but I was kind of new to KPop at the time. I knew of Girls’ Generation and a couple of other people but I wasn’t super into it which meant I had no idea who anyone coming to KCon was. I felt like such a fraud so I had to do some research and listen to some music.
With Day6, it was amazing, literally there was not a single Day6 song that I didn’t like. I don’t know what it is about them but their music is always a bop. So I knew I would enjoy them.
That was the first time I ever saw them live and I thought it was great. All of KCon was amazing.
Now with lots of KPop idols coming over to the UK on world tours, I thought I would keep a lookout for when someone I liked was coming over.
I’m pretty sure I only found out about Day6 in London last year in February? I am still not the biggest KPop stan so I don’t keep up all the time with news and everything but I was so sad that I missed them. Like I said, I’ve never not liked a song from them so I know a concert of theirs was gonna be insane.
I don’t really know how to describe the experience, it was the first time I was going to a standing concert and I wanted to be near the front because, if this was the only time I was going to stand at a concert, I wanted to be close. So we spent most of the day queuing haha.
I thought queuing was going to suck, just me and my brother standing in the cold for hours. Which it partly was. But then, everyone around us in line was pretty friendly so we made some friends which made the time pass quicker because you had new people to talk to and fangirl over Day6 with.
I’ve never been a part of anything like it before – sure I was at KCon but because we were seated, we didn’t line up until it was time for doors to open. But being surrounded by all these people that love the same thing that you do, and understand you – it’s so communal. Like everyone is nice and supportive and people are handing out cute freebies and everything it’s great.
That’s not to say there isn’t a bad side to KPop fans like there are any fandoms but on concert days it’s super positive and fun.
When we finally got into the venue the energy was incredible. I just remember feeling kind of in shock, like Day6 were right in front of me? Singing the songs that I had been listening to for years? It was crazy.
I’ve been to other concerts before but this one was different. I just felt differently about it.
I had the best time and will definitely be going to their next tour if/when they come back. I just really felt in the moment with them, jumping around and having a blast. It was great.
Then after the show was the hi touch and I was super nervous about it. I mean it’s always nerve-wracking meeting your faves in real life.
It kind of passed in a blur the things I remember the most were Young K looking directly into my soul, I swear he caught me off guard so much. I also remember feeling Sungjin’s presence as a leader, I don’t know if that makes sense but it just sort of radiated off him up close. And then Jae saying “thank you for coming out tonight” – I know he was saying similar things to everyone but something about it to me stuck. I wish I could remember more of my time with Wonpil and Dowoon but it kind of passed me by quickly. I hope if I get the chance to do another hi touch with them I get to spend more time remembering the other members.
Then just like that it was over…and I’ve been thrown back into my fangirl days but only this time it’s about Day6. I’m pretty sure the last time I fully fangirled over something like this it was Twilight haha I thought I had kind of moved on from the fangirl part of my life but I guess not.
I’m now constantly on Twitter and reading people’s tweets about the band and always wanting news on what they are up to next. I definitely think I’m in love with them, and I’m not mad about it.
And so yeah that’s where I’ll leave this little post. It’s been 2 weeks since the concert and I’m still not fully over it. If you want to know more about my trip to London and the concert you can check out my vlog below. (It was originally going to be like 3 videos but I just ended up editing it into a huge 40 minute one haha.)
~ Courtney x
Another year has gone by and it is time for me to once again reflect on it. I seriously wanted to get this blog post done before the new year but I spent a lot of time just chilling and seeing friends and family etc I had no time – plus a little bit of laziness. But we are doing it now!
Honestly when I think back on 2019 it’s pretty much a blur, the first half of the year was spent stressing out just trying to get through final year of uni (and watching too much Grey’s Anatomy), then there was graduation and my last official summer holiday before starting work (where I read a lot of books) and then finally the end of the year where I started working and living with my boyfriend and adjusting to all the Xbox he plays. And that is my year in a nutshell.
If that was all I had to write for this blog post that would be great but I do like to go through month by month to just see how much I’ve actually done. Plus luckily for me, this year I have a full planner which will tell me week by week what I’ve been doing lol.
So let’s start in January shall we?
I rang in the year with my boyfriend, which has been something I’ve been doing the past few years. I can’t remember much about the night but I assume it was good. We have been together for almost four years now and I think it’s safe to say we are pretty solid, but I’m not about to plan a wedding yet haha.
Also in January we started back at uni and of course that is stressful. I literally don’t remember anything about uni and I think it’s because I might have blocked out how stressful it was. Final year compared to the rest of my university experience was no joke. It was tough and I definitely wasn’t as organised as I should have been.
One thing I started doing to ease the stress a bit was binge-watch Grey’s Anatomy. I started in January and just kept going the whole way through the year and the uni semester until I had finished all 15 seasons. I never thought I would make it the whole way but I’m proud I did.
I had my first drag show of the year in January, it’s hard to believe because it feels so long ago. I also celebrated one year of taking pole classes! It’s crazy that I’ve stuck with it for so long, I for sure thought that I was going to quit somewhere along the line but now it’s been two years, and it’s amazing. So I don’t see myself giving it up anytime soon. I also had another Neopets account for like five minutes so that didn’t last long.
In February, I don’t really think I got up to much, I had another drag show and obviously more uni work, my boyfriend and I didn’t even really celebrate Valentine’s Day because I had pole class haha. So I guess it was a quiet month.
In March I had my first outing with the pole class for drinks to celebrate our one year anniversary of pole. We are all very busy outside of class so it was hard to find a day when we were all free. It was super fun and it was nice to see everyone outside of class and fully clothed lol.
Also in March my friend Jasmine came for a visit which was great. I don’t see her much but I always enjoy when I get to see her. I enjoyed when we went out in March because I had bought knee-high boots for the occasion so all of us would be matching. Some say tacky, but we say stylish.
Other highlights in March were that I got a new phone, I was saying goodbye to my iPhone and hello to Android once more. I liked my stint in the iPhone world but am glad to have an Android phone again.
I also got my first ever Erin Condren planner and I was super excited about that because ever since stumbling upon the planner community I felt like it was the planner for me, plus I love sticker spreads. They have been fun to create over the last year. I’m not yet up to having a sticker spread for every week, I just keep it to special occasions but that could change in the next year lol.
In April, uni was beginning to wind down I had mostly finished classes but our dissertation deadline was looming, so there was a lot of work that needed to be done.
I also finally got to see Adore Delano perform live. She was one of the drag queens I had always wanted to see perform and she did not disappoint, I had a great time. I have a whole backstory as to how she was supposed to be the first drag queen I ever saw live but she cancelled that tour date haha but three years later I made it to see her and I’m not mad about it.
Towards the end of April we had another pole get together which was a great stress reliever, it was two days before my dissertation was due but I decided I definitely needed the night off. Plus, I knew I wasn’t going to pull off something miraculous towards the end, I had accepted that I had done most of the work and that I should just work on finishing my write up the last few days.
After handing in my dissertation I felt a lot of relief but sadly I couldn’t rest yet because I had exams in May. At this point I was starting to feel a little burnt out. But I had to push through to the very end, it wasn’t easy but revision was a little better than my disseration, mainly because I was just revising things I already learnt, rather than having to pull a whole project off from scratch.
After exams, it was finally time to start off my last summer ever. I spent most of the first couple weeks off, sleeping and playing Sims – typical behaviour of me really.
Then towards the end of May me and my brother decided to book last minute tickets to see BlackPink in Manchester. It was going to be my first KPop concert since KCon New York three years ago and I am so glad we decided to go. I only started listening to BlackPink music this year but it was amazing to see them live. It was a fun trip and surprisingly not as expensive as we thought it was going to be so it was totally worth it.
June can be summed up by three things: sleep, Sims and reading. I had gotten into reading again last year with the help of GoodReads and I wanted to continue reading on this year. But because of university I didn’t have much time to read but in June I ended up reading a lot. It seems I swapped out Grey’s Anatomy for a book series and I ended up reading the most books in a month I think I’ve ever read.
I also got back into making Sims YouTube videos, I didn’t make many videos on my main channel but I was playing Sims so much that it didn’t feel like too much of a stretch to make some videos as well.
Then at the end of June I celebrated my 22nd birthday. This time there was no Taylor Swift concert but I still got to spend the night with my friends and have fun.
The week after my birthday was graduation, I kind of knew what to expect as my boyfriend graduated the year before but this time it was my turn. It felt weird having to put on the graduation gown and everything but at the same time it felt right. Looking back it kind of seemed like the graduation scene in a movie, when you see your friends after getting your diplomas and everything. It was a big day and luckily I made it across the stage without falling so all was well.
July was spent in a similar fashion to June where I was playing Sims, reading and enjoying all the free time. I was going to start work at the end of the month so I had to make the most of it.
At the end of July I started my job, it is in the same place where I did my university placement so I wasn’t too worried about starting. However this time, I was joining as part of the graduate program and so had to go through some training first.
The training lasted a month and a half and I was stuck in the Hilton during the whole time. It was fine in the beginning but over time it got a little depressing because the room had no windows. At least I wasn’t alone, I met all the new graduates joining us and made some friends. We started going out every Friday for drinks after training and that was nice, it was good to get out of the Hilton and have some bonding time.
Outside of work, I was maintaining my reading and playing a bunch of Sims – are we sensing a theme of what I do with my free time?
In September, I finished my training and started work properly. I rejoined the team I was on during placement so luckily I had some kind of idea what was going on.
I was also settling into living with my boyfriend during September. It was a big step for us but at the same time I wasn’t too worried about it. He got his own place at the start of the year when I had been living at uni so when I finished uni he asked me to move in with him. Originally I wasn’t planning to, I thought I should live on my own for a bit but at the same time I did want to live with him.
And so we are still living together now. I did think it would be weird to live with him in the beginning, I guess because it’s different than living with a flatmate. Mainly because you share a bed and aren’t used to your significant other around all the time. But I think we’ve made it work quite well.
October was spent working, but also going out with my friends which was great, we only get together like once every few months or something but in October we saw each other quite frequently with Halloween and other things so that was fun.
For Halloween, we went to this Disney themed costume night and I had big plans for my costume but in reality it was just a dalmation cape haha. I wanted a cool wig to go with it but sadly the wig I ordered ended up being terrible. I think if I were to do something like that again I would definitely need one of those fancy drag queen wigs. If only I could afford it…
At the end of October I also went to Liverpool with my mum, sisters and my niece for my niece’s 16th birthday. This was our first ever kind of family vacation so I was nervous about how it might go but it was actually a good time. I got to spend time with the family and visit somewhere I’ve never been before, it might not be as exciting as going outside the UK but I still had a good time. You can find out more about it in the Liverpool blog post I made.
Then a couple of weeks later I went to London with my boyfriend to see Dear Evan Hansen – we had planned to do this before I had the trip with my family planned, it just happened they were close together haha. The time away with my boyfriend was great, even though we live together now it was still nice to have proper one on one time together. At the time we were both busy with work and other things so to have time off was nice.
Dear Evan Hansen was nothing short of amazing. I cried so much and I wasn’t expecting to haha. Again, if you want to know more about that trip you can check out my London blog post.
Since this has been the second year in a row my boyfriend and I have went to London for a West End show I wonder what we will go and see next…Whatever it is I will be sure to keep you posted. If you want to know more about my London trip then check out this blog post.
The rest of November was spent scrambling to get Christmas presents and also Christmas decorations. This was the first year where my boyfriend and I would have to get Christmas decorations of our own, and who knew they would be so expensive? At least now we have them we won’t have to buy them again.
I also decided to start playing the 100 Baby Challenge on the Sims because why not? I never really keep save games in the Sims but I figured with something like this, I can always go back to it. It’s actually kind of fun and it keeps you busy with all the Sims, normally I only ever have one Sim in my household so to always have eight is crazy haha.
In December we decorated our place and that was super cute, to see the whole place made up. Plus it had been a while since I had actually decorated for Christmas, the past few years I have been so busy that mum has just decorated the house on her own. So it was nice to be able to decorate again.
Also in December I enjoyed a lot of time just chilling out and spending time with friends and family. You know, the norm.
And so that brings us to the end of my 2019! I always say this but this has definitely been a crazy year for me. I’ve gone through a huge transition with leaving uni to join the life of a working adult and so far it’s going okay. I remember when I was writing about how nervous I was about leaving secondary school to go to uni but that doesn’t even compare to leaving uni and starting a job.
I guess I was lucky in that I kind of already knew what my job was going to be, but I think I’m still adjusting to everything. I mean this year, 2020, will be my first full year as a working girl. I won’t have long breaks off like I used to with uni because I only get a certain amount of days to take off a year. It will be weird. But at the same time I’ll have money to do things which is nice.
Anyway, it will be interesting to see where 2020 will take me. I have no big plans for the year except probably dedicating my life to Animal Crossing: New Horizons (which I can’t believe I’m only mentioning right now omg). It was supposed to be released in 2019 but that didn’t happen so I’m counting down the days until it’s released!
So I hope the New Year has been treating you well so far, and if not well we still have another 11 and a half months to turn it around so let’s see where we end up.
~ Courtney x