Grey’s got it’s groove back! So after me saying the last season wasn’t great, I actually really liked season 14.
That being said the show did not do well this season when writing out two of its main characters. If there was anything to fault this TV show for it would definitely be for the way it decides to get rid of people. Some people have had great exits and others you can tell they didn’t really think about…
But they are good at bringing in so many new people you kind of forget about the old ones…
That being said if there was ever like a good reunion episode where they just brought everyone back I wouldn’t be mad. Even if you could just bring George, Derek, Lexie, Sloan and everyone else back from the dead like that would be cool, I wouldn’t even care I need that lol.
Anyway, this season I enjoyed. I liked seeing all the people there for Owen at the beginning and the innovation contest being brought into Grey Sloan. I love seeing the doctors excel and get competitive. And I’m even more excited to see what season 15 brings, but for now here are my thoughts on season 14 of Grey’s Anatomy:
- So Owen’s sister is back and is played by the actress that plays Scottie in Suits – hi how are ya? Also guess they couldn’t get the actress back who played Owen’s sister in his imagination that one time.
- It’s so weird to see Teddy back again after all this time, I missed her, she looks great. I can’t believe someone that left the show actually came back AND she sticks around! (Yes I looked it up) excited for her to be back
- It’s so great to see Owen with Riggs, Teddy, his mum and his sister – it’s cute to see him have people, I feel like he’s been lonely lately because Amelia is being the worst
- Like hi your husband’s sister just came back and you are dealing with stuff but you should be there for him because he’s your husband? Come on guys
- DeLuca has a sister? Nice. I’m glad it didn’t take Arizona long to get over the fact Minnick ghosted her lol
- I could sense a Maggie and Jackson thing blooming at the end of last season and when April told Maggie that’s how Jackson felt it confirmed it – BUT they are being super awkward around each other now – I guess Jackson wanted things to play out a different way
- Okay so Amazon Prime just don’t give you subtitles for what DeLuca and his sister say in Italian so…that’s fun? I like to know what people are saying even in another language – I don’t care if you can get the gist I feel like I’m missing out
- Update: They do provide subtitles when it’s important to the story otherwise it’s just DeLuca and his sister yelling at each other in Italian lol
- Yes Jo and Alex get back together! Finally
- I loved the female energy in episode 2 with Bailey throwing her heels out, Meredith and Amelia doing badass surgeries like yasss girl power
- AMELIA HAS A TUMOUR – damn – now we see what’s going on
- Okay but Harper Avery dying was so random lol
- So Riggs definitely leaves with Megan right? That’s how this goes? Eh ain’t gonna miss him now that she’s alive and he’s got no reason to be working there he can go
- DeLuca’s sister is all about spreading the joy and orgasms lol I hope she sticks around
- Okay I’m going to say no she doesn’t because Arizona is like “I accidentally broke up with her and told her Sophia’s coming home” and she’s been on Tinder so I guess that’s over
- Actually she does stay and gets with Owen lol DeLuca hates his life, every roommate he gets his sister sleeps with them – messy messy
- Love that Jackson is rich now and is just like “just bought a boat bitches”
- I really like when you see all the guys together – we’ve had a lot of girl bonding on the show recently so I think it’s good when we see the guys together too
- So I guess that’s both Megan and Riggs out of the picture – I did kind of like seeing them both in the army with Owen and Teddy – that is a spin-off I could watch – those characters together are just great
- Also love Meredith on the cover that magazine – slay queen, slay
- AND a Harper Avery nomination yassss – so proud of Meredith
- So because Jackson’s mum told Jackson said he and Maggie are siblings that’s stopping that right? I mean I was thinking about this when Maggie came to dinner I was like…Catherine and Richard are married and Maggie and Jackson are their children so…yeah okay let’s not have that a thing I mean it’s not really bad but since they said siblings now I can’t – I mean sure they did it on Gossip Girl with Dan and Serena but I just could not see it be a thing on Grey’s lol
- I cried like a baby watching Meredith get her Harper Avery – she deserved it, she been through so much – Derek would have been so proud :’)
- Wow so the hospital has been hacked and everything is going to shit – great cool – love a disaster
- And Jo’s husband is back at the worst possible time – of course
- Also can’t believe Ben is quitting surgery to be a firefighter now lol make up your mind bro
- So Jo’s husband comes back asks for a divorce, gets hit by a drunk driver and dies…wow lol I mean he totally deserved it but all that stuff happened so fast
- Come through hacker intern who saved the hospital – but what did the FBI end up doing then? lol
- I can’t believe they hired that glasses intern – he’s such a mess
- And then there’s April who is totally losing her faith – sleeping with that intern, no good will come of this
- Jackson and Maggie are doing the dating thing? There’s definitely feelings there so…are we on board with this? I guess we don’t have to be because Maggie is currently dating some guy called Clive lol
- It’s so sad that Bailey and Ben had to give Tucker that talk with the police 😦 I mean I know it’s the reality we live in but it broke my heart
- Are they ever gonna explain more of a backstory for DeLuca and the intern or what lol
- I see Hunt and DeLuca’s sister are out and Arizona and her are back in just like that – I wanted more for Hunt guys he still needs someone good
- Oh and Bailey and a heart attack? So not cute y’all I’m glad she’s okay
- Love when the doctors are competing against each other – like a good healthy competition
- Wow April has gone totally off the rails – reminds me of when Cristina decided to work at the bar haha
- Yass Alex and Jo finally engaged – they so cute
- So DeLuca’s intern finally said I love you, now what happens?
- So Maggie’s bf was married lol awkward. Luckily Jackson has swooped in – are we here for this or are we not? Still on the fence
- Meredith can not give up on her invention just because some “aunt” came over for her own agenda – that is not the Grey way
- Teddy and Hunt were almost a thing…so close… I definitely was happy crying when they were together though like please make this a thing
- So everyone is okay with the Jackson and Maggie thing – okay cool I guess I can get on board
- I knew Meredith wasn’t gonna give up on her idea, thank God Jo talked some sense into her
- Also it seems really weird that Sofia randomly decided to move back with Arizona…did anyone else feel this?
- Another thing is why hasn’t anyone done anything about April yet like I know people have tried to talk to her but like can they try harder lol
- Okay so April has found God again and everything is okay, I’m glad it kind of resolved itself but at the same time I thought it was going to take longer
- I can’t believe that Alex and Amelia couldn’t save Kimmy 😦 I guess they can’t save everyone but it was so hopeful in the beginning
- What did Jackson do to ruin the Averys? He definitely should have looked into that lawsuit
- DeLuca’s girlfriend leaving because she ran a red light and almost got deported is a wild one. Though not that mad about it because their relationship never really developed much at all – seemed like a filler thing
- Hunt looking to adopt is super cute, it’s about time he gets a kid, he deserves happiness in his life
- Wow that intern thinks he’s so big by suing for wrongful termination – mate just accept you lied and moved on
- Yasss Amelia stepping up to be a sponsor – she’s come so far
- Alright so Harper Avery was a terrible privileged white guy that sexually harassed a lot of women – I should have seen it coming but I didn’t. At least now the foundation is going to do well because Catherine is getting the credit she deserves for being a boss ass bitch – we stan Catherine Fox!
- They used Sofia for a crappy plotline to have Arizona leave the show? Um No. Unacceptable. She needs a better exit than that. And Callie definitely deserved a better exit too like what is it with this show and its crappy endings for characters? I’ll always be grateful they didn’t kill them off but at the same time EVEN STEPHANIE THE INTERN WHO WAS ON LIKE TWO SEASONS had a better write-off than this…
- And they think that they can have April almost die and then just decide to leave and go off with Matthew the end? Nah again not the best exit. I mean I KNEW as soon as I seen Matthew that something was up. No guys.
- I can’t with these crappy exits.
- On the bright side, I am so glad that Alex and Jo’s wedding happened, maybe not the way they planned but I still enjoyed it
- Also Teddy is back and she’s pregnant!!!! I love this. I can’t wait to see where this goes…
ONE SEASON LEFT GUYS.
It’s been a long journey and I’ve loved it so much. I mean normally when I binge watch TV shows I have to take a break from watching them because I get sick of the characters but not with Grey’s – the only time I’ve went a day without watching Grey’s is if I’m with my boyfriend because he started to watch it with me in the beginning but we were getting through it too slowly so he let me watch on my own. He’s literally only seen the first couple of seasons lol.
So yeah, I’ve been watching Grey’s what feels like non-stop for the last few months and I can’t say anything bad about it. If you want a binge-worthy TV show this is it AND it’s not even like it’s short AND IT’S STILL GOING. So I mean it’s a win win situation.
But yes, one season left to go – the big one season 15. It sounds weird but like this seemed like something I wasn’t going to get to when I first started watching. I mean you hear the show has a load of seasons and you feel like you’re not gonna catch up to watch the rest of the show but here it is.
Once I watch season 15 I will finally be able to watch in real time with everyone and I’m so excited for that because then I can stop avoiding spoilers! It’ll be so good.
Okay, I’m going now, I’m excited for the new season and what it holds and you bet there will be one more of these blog posts coming your way very soon!
~ Courtney x