I am finally going to watch all of Grey’s Anatomy. This is something I’ve wanted to do for the last year or so, mainly because the show is produced by Shonda Rhimes and I already love her shows Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder, so I naturally thought this would be the next step.
And as usual when I watch TV shows I have a lot of thoughts on them and because the whole world has probably watched all of Grey’s Anatomy already and would not appreciate me live-tweeting the whole thing, I think it’s better to collect all my thoughts in blog posts as I make it through season to season.
These are not going to be really long or full of insight or anything, this is just the mind of a girl that watches way much TV and gets emotionally involved with fictional characters. So I’m doing it in bullet points to make it easier.
I have just finished season three and here are my thoughts on the series so far:
- Meredith doesn’t deserve McDreamy. He’s so wonderful and she doesn’t see it and that bothers me.
- Cristina and Burke broke my heart. I didn’t see them being more than a fling and then they got right up to the wedding and Burke walked away?! Damn it Burke. Though when you really looked at the relationship you could see the flaws.
- George. Wow. There’s a lot I can say about George. First of all, WHY WAS EVERYONE SLEEPING ON HIM HE’S SUCH A GEM. He’s a good guy and doesn’t deserve what he goes through. Especially that whole Meredith situation.
- George and Izzie? Unexpected. But they’d be cute together so can they make that a thing?
- What even is George’s relationship with Callie. He kind of fell into it and doesn’t communicate with her and she just kind of throws things at him. It’s doomed to fail. Unless George finally gets it together and stands up to her more than he currently does.
- George and his failing his intern exam. Oh George 😦 you been through so much. Why couldn’t he have just passed with everyone else?
- I think Meredith maybe should have just stayed with the vet…
- Meredith’s dad is actually the worst? Not to mention he’s the same actor that plays Cyrus Beene in Scandal and he’s not a great guy in that either.
- Why are everyone’s parents dying? That’s not cute.
- Addison is actually a fave of mine and I kind of have a crush on her.
- But when Addison went to LA and they were trying to set that spin up thing off I did not appreciate it – we had other things going on people! I don’t have time for the spin-off.
- Izzie and Denny were really cute and it killed me that he didn’t survive.
- Alex is actually a decent human being? Who knew? But also he deserves to get with someone if everyone else is.
- Why am I still shocked when everyone sleeps with each other even though this is exactly that kind of show? Like I never saw Alex and Addison coming, and Izzie and George was also a wild one lol
- McSteamy was a great addition to the show just because he’s McSteamy though he could be nicer to interns.
- Bailey is a babe and I love her.
- I got so upset when Meredith was practically dying but also I was annoyed I got emotional even though I know she lives – the shows been going on for 15 seasons, I think I would know if they killed off the main character or not.
- I loved seeing the attendants fight over who was gonna be chief because we never see them like that.
- I was relieved that they didn’t use Izzie’s money as an excuse to write her out of the show – I know she leaves eventually but like I didn’t want it to be so soon.
Those were some of the main thoughts I’ve had on the show so far, if you could not tell I am loving this show. There are so many characters and so much drama that I am more than ready for.
So expect more updates as I progress, and I’ll continue to try and avoid spoilers on the internet at all costs. Now, onto season 4…
~ Courtney x