We have made it to the final season of One Tree Hill.
I am not sure what to expect going into this as season 8 wrapped up pretty nicely with nothing cropping up that could cause drama this season. But who knows? I usually try to predict what happens on the show but I’m usually wrong. So let’s just dive into this shall we?
Here are my thoughts on season 9 of One Tree Hill:
- Chris Keller and Dan? Dan’s diner on fire, he will take care of the killing…what?
- Chase arrested – blood on his face?
- Brooke destroying the cafe
- Julien being beat up – my first guess is it’s movie related
- Haley identifying a body – If Nathan or anyone in her family dies I’ll be so upset wtf, though I mean if it’s Dan that would be okay
- Quinn and Clay fighting because Clay is in trouble… Clay sleepwalks?
- I’m going to say Dan clearly set his own diner on fire to get close with his grandkids
- Also I think Clay runs into Julien and he’s the one who is punching him…It could be likely
- Okay so actually Clay is on drugs…yikes. This is probably why he was telling Quinn he didn’t want her there
- So Alex is going on tour and Chase is alone again. Poor guy…
- Omg Julien left one of the babies alone in his car?! What the heck bro
- Brooke will never talk to him again
- Brooke is gonna get screwed over by her dad I feel it
- Haley sticking up for Dan? I can’t believe it…
- Chuck acting like Chris Keller is gross
- Millie called Mouth fat on TV and…yikes
- I mean he has put on weight but it’s crazy lol
- Okay so Clay doesn’t remember anything about buying drugs and stuff – so he just does this stuff while he’s sleep walking? Dude this is the last season, I do not have time to have people having issues that can be resolved in like 3 episodes
- I knew Dan set fire to his own restaurant. Shady.
- And Nathan got kidnapped over some client thing…omg does he really die?! THIS CAN’T HAPPEN
- Also Julien getting punched was because he thought he deserved punishment for leaving his kid in a car. Okay fair, seen it done before in Gossip Girl. Hope he can get out of this funk
- I think Brooke was totally justified in wrecking that cafe
- Chase is sleeping with Chris Keller’s girlfriend AND she owns the new cafe in town? Wild
- Also Tara is familiar to me and I looked it up and apparently I know her from the Bratz movie LOL
- But yeah Brooke was right to destroy her cafe. What a bitch
- Enter: Lucas – man it’s been two seasons and I don’t really miss you, plus your haircut looks stupid
- Chase has been called to duty – yikes…
- So Dan is going on this manhunt for Nathan, how does Chris Keller get roped into it? But also, how couldn’t he because he always just seems to insert himself into situations
- Brooke is going to confront that crazy ass dude who killed Quentin, that is so random after all this time…I almost didn’t remember if they didn’t throw in flashbacks
- Oh so this season we just putting everyone’s life in danger, Nathan’s with the kidnapping, Brooke with this guy who kill Quentin, Clay because he sleepwalks…what’s going on guys
- Also love that Lucas was only there for 5 minutes
- So Chase beat Chuck’s dad to death? I completely forgot about that shot of him in a police car in the first episode…omg
- Okay well he didn’t beat Chuck’s dad to death but it was still pretty crazy to go into the house and start hitting a guy with a crowbar
- Julien is helping Dan and I thought that was an unlikely pairing but I’m still not seeing where Chris Keller fits in
- I also hate that that cop Haley talked to is actually in on the whole Nathan thing – like he looks a bit sketch and now we know he sketchy – not cute.
- AND CLAY HAS A CHILD? Damn this is wild. I thought this kid was real cute and I hope he comes around, I think it could work out
- Oh my Gosh Lauren is pregnant and she is dating David – this is so random?
- Also why is it never addressed again – the whole Lauren and David thing seemed so unnecessary but I guess they are trying real hard to tie up all loose ends this season
- So Chris Keller gets dragged into the whole Nathan thing because he wants to be a hero – classy
- Honestly the whole Nathan rescue thing was kind of wild but they really did give Dan the redemption he was seeking after all this time
- I remember reading that Dan got his redemption storyline but I wasn’t really looking for it, but it came and it was huge. I mean he earned it but it felt a little dragged out for me. I don’t know, maybe I was glad the whole Dan thing was finally over, I mean it has been a big thing after all these years…
- I knew that Brooke’s dad was going to try and screw her over ugh
- Okay well Brooke’s whole family storyline is so wild. Like her parents fighting for years only to come together again and the three of them starting this clothing line journey together? So wild
- Plus I knew that Xavier was going to cause some drama with Brooke but luckily Tara stepped in to save the day – predictable but I’m just glad nothing happened to Brooke
- Not gonna lie I hate the idea they had of making Julien make a TV show based off Lucas’s book. I mean come on guys let’s not be so meta this has to be a thing. Isn’t it bad enough they tried to make that movie?
- Also the end episode was okay, I honestly think other season finales have been better. This one was just a bit too tacky and cliche I think.
- That being said I totally cried at everyone singing the theme song. Ugh I’m a sucker for cute group scenes.
- Also Clay and Quinn starting their new family was probably the cutest storyline of all. I was so happy for them.
- I am also glad that Mouth and Millie were starting their family too, we love everything working out for the best.
And that is where we end things with One Tree Hill. I’m not going to lie I am probably going to miss the show. Maybe not as much as other shows I watched in the past, but it was definitely an enjoyable one.
If I had to say anything I guess it’s that I wish they could have saved Lucas’s cameo until the final episode. It was nice to see him show up for Haley but like it was for 2 minutes in an airport and it was actually a bit shitty. So that sucked. It’s kind of like maybe they shouldn’t have had him in it at all in the end, it just seemed weird.
Anyway, yeah it’s wild to me we finally made it here, 9 seasons later. Definitely a wild rollercoaster ride but glad we made it to the end.
I’m not sure where we go from here because it always sucks trying to find new TV shows but I’m sure I’ll find something. Maybe I should take the approach I do with books where I just pick one up I vaguely like the sound of and read it. But sometimes that can be a big commitment.
I think Amazon Prime also has the OC and Dawson’s Creek so I might look into those, they seem to be along a similar line of the kind of show I like to watch, though it would be nice to find something modern…
If anyone has suggestions for me then let me know! In the meantime I’ve been really into the books I’ve been reading so I’ll continue to work on them and hopefully in my down time I will stumble onto another TV show to watch!
~ Courtney x