It’s been just over a year since the last time I posted about Grey’s Anatomy. Wild.
I originally did want to watch this season in real time as it was airing but that wasn’t really working out for me so I ended up just watching it on NowTV. So for old time’s sake I thought I would write up another big summary of my thought’s on season 16 of Grey’s Anatomy.
So let’s dive into it shall we:
- It has been basically a year and I don’t really remember what happened haha
- Oh the fog! Jackson and Maggie being annoying, right.
- Well Jackson is okay, I kind of thought he was going to leave but he is staying
- Meredith is only getting community service for what she did? I mean I saw this on Reddit when the season began but wtf. She always gets off lightly with these things…
- Jo went to the treatment centre to get help, I remember this, I hope it goes well
- Side note: I know Alex leaves this season and I am not impressed, he was about to start his good life with Jo and now this 😦 Not a fan
- Tom coming to the hospital and seeing Teddy had her baby and knowing she got back together with Owen hurts me. He is a good guy and does not deserve this kind of treatment
- Amelia is pregnant. Interesting
- Of course people at community service would find out Meredith was a doctor and she be helping everyone. We love that
- Alex and Richard working in that crap hospital lol fun times
- Owen really just shocked Tom’s crotch with those paddles I am crying hahaha
- Wow we love Alex poaching everyone, like Owen has jumped ship lol
- Of course the website was going to publish every bad thing Meredith said, that’s smart. Her mistake was being naive and trusting them. I’m sure Grey Sloan will find a way out, they usually do
- Meredith doing jail time lol she needed to spend some time there I think it’s good to see her knocked down a peg
- Alex’s hospital under a burial ground this is crazy
- We love seeing Jo’s progress she has come so far from when she went away to get help. So proud of her
- Schmitt on halloween helping that kid with his costume is adorable. He wanted to be a sunflower. My heart.
- Zola doesn’t wanna forget Derek and I’m crying because WE MISS YOU MCDREAMY
- Meredith was never going to lose her medical license – what kind of show would this be if THE MEREDITH GREY of GREY SLOAN MEMORIAL in GREY’S ANATOMY lost her medical license? But damn I cried watching everyone show up for her
- Also wow of course the doctor that killed Derek would be there, it’s still no “Penny killed my husband” drama but still
- I actually am kind of excited that Amelia is going to be a parent, I think her and Link will have a fun time with that lol
- MCWIDOW IM CRYING
- Ugh they really giving Amelia a who’s your baby daddy storyline?
- OMG A CAR THROUGH JOE’S – it’s been a while since something super dramatic happened I guess
- Bailey had a miscarriage 😦 oh no poor Bailey
- Maggie is being sued for her cousin’s death. Yikes. Thought we’d seen enough of court rooms for now
- Schmitt having a broken heart I cannot. Why he is like the cutest character
- This whole Owen proposing to Teddy thing I feel came out of nowhere like why was everyone pushing him to propose? Yes they have kids together and everything but like…idk give them time
- Also love that they got engaged for five minutes and Teddy already lost her engagement ring lol
- I really hope Amelia’s baby is Link’s because I need them to work it out
- Ugh I hate that Alex is MIA and I already know they write him out terribly but the fact they gave him a hospital to run and then he just disappears is terrible
- Also Catherine buying the hospital Richard works at to get revenge is such a power move. What a queen lol though I’m sad that her and Richard aren’t going to last I thought it would work
- I feel bad that Tom is always being made out to be the bad guy. Like sure it’s great for Mer and the gang to stand up for better treatment but Tom is a nice guy when he wants to be
- So is DeLuca just randomly spiraling now with this random nod to his dad? This is a weak storyline, even when his dad came by the first time I thought it was a bit shit…
- Oh so the DeLuca thing is just to give Meredith a reason to get with the other doctor guy…why can’t she just get with him anyway lol
- Wow Nico be pulling some manipulative moves over here with Levi. I only want good things for Levi so that gotta stop
- Oh so Teddy suspects Amelia’s baby might be Owen’s and immediately runs to Tom. That’s shitty because Tom deserves more than to be second best
- Wow so they are finally addressing Alex being gone and IT IS THE WORST
- I remember reading about him leaving and how terrible it was with the letters but actually watching it was so much worse like I’m so angry about this whole thing
- Like if he was gonna leave why could they have not written it in better like before he started at the other hospital and before he got married to Jo?
- Plus of all the things to run off with Izzie because she had his babies like I hate it so much they tried so hard to make it okay but like to me it will never be. Jo does not deserve this and neither does anyone like I think I would rather he have been killed off honestly
- There’s just so much issue I have with this
- In other news we Stan bailey for taking that kid in under her wing so he can go to college and live his best life
- Okay so DeLuca is a bit extreme and a little crazy but he was right about that woman and the human trafficking, I guess it’s sad that no one believed him…
- So Nico and Levi are over and Levi is gonna move in with Jo – I think they will be cute roommates
- Tom is doing something shady by taking money from that rocket guy – I wonder when that will go wrong…because there’s no way that doesn’t go south
- Wow something bad is happening with Richard?! Nooooo I can’t have this. Honestly this show is putting me THROUGH it this season, after being so angry about Alex and so confused about DeLuca and heartbroken over Richard. I hate them for all these emotions.
- Also who is that guy Maggie was talking to at the conference and do we love them or no? I think it’s a bit wild and too soon for them to really jump into something but I guess it would be nice to have her have something
- Oh and Teddy was in a relationship with a woman? I mean I am all for having LGBT+ relationships and I think we need more of them but I just didn’t see it coming. Sad that we didn’t see more of that though.
- So Richard was acting all crazy because of a rotting hip replacement? That’s wild and I love/hate they resolved it so quickly. I mean it’s great that Richard is going to be fine and all but also I hate that it wasn’t a very long issue, like sometimes I like the mystery to be drawn out…
- I feel sad that Richard isn’t willing to give Catherine another chance though…
- Okay so I know everyone hates Owen (at least everyone on the Grey’s subreddit) but I think it is so brutal making him listen to that voicemail of Teddy and Tom. That being said – how in the hell did she accidentally call him and at that specific moment, like you don’t go into Tom’s office about to call your fiance and then end up having sex with Tom…like you just don’t lol
So those were my thoughts on season 16 of Grey’s Anatomy. I am still very angry about how they decided to do Alex’s departure. I also think it’s horrible how they kind of just had one episode about it and he’s never really mentioned again as if it was nothing, but I suppose that’s how we do things in Grey’s after someone moves away. I mean can you believe Jackson has a child with April? You wouldn’t even know now lol.
But anyway, I am wondering where we go from here, I wonder how long we can keep going at this rate, I mean who knows how long it will be before another major character pulls out? I mean I know if Bailey and Richard leave it’s over. As much as I love some of the newer characters I just don’t see it without them.
Obviously Meredith will always be around, I’m pretty sure I saw a thing that said as long as Ellen Pompeo was on board with it they would continue to make Grey’s but honestly, how long can she continue to go on if everyone really does leave her for good? I mean she’ll always have a support system because she is Meredith Grey but like…how long can it really go on?
I mean I’ll still be along for the ride for sure, but I guess we just see what happens. Maybe in season 17 they can finally get Meredith and the new doctor guy together – I still haven’t picked up his name after all this time but we’ll see if they even keep him around.
I don’t really have predictions for what could happen because let’s face it, with Grey’s you never know for sure. Plus with the pandemic and everything, who knows when the show will even be back. I hope we don’t have to wait too long, but I guess in the mean time it’s back to trying to find something new to watch.
~ Courtney x