It’s time for a new show to talk about!
So since moving in with my boyfriend, it’s actually been kind of hard to find new things to watch, mainly because we both like very different TV shows haha. But I decided to start One Tree Hill because I saw it was recently added to Prime and definitely seemed like the type of show I would watch. My boyfriend does not watch though so I watch when he’s not around lol.
Anyway, I think I tried to start this show one time before, and I think I made it through like the first ten minutes before turning it off because it was a bit cringey…Well, I’ve powered through this time and I’m enjoying it.
So here are my thoughts on season 1, these blog posts will be similar to the Grey’s Anatomy ones I had where I just bullet point how I’m feeling – this show ended in like 2009 so for me to live tweet it would be dumb. So enjoy!
- So Lucas’s dad left him because his girlfriend got pregnant but then a few months later he got someone else pregnant and stayed with them?! Lol okay
- Did Chad Michael Murray have to train to be good at basketball or was he just already good at it?
- Nathan’s shoulders are like super broad and it throws off his face-body ratio to me
- I can already see Peyton and Lucas being together and Nathan and Haley but also I was trying to figure out how they were brothers in the same year so Wikipedia definitely spoiled some stuff for me
- Lucas’s mom with Keith…eh kind of saw it coming no idea where it will go though
- Oh is Lucas getting with Brooke?
- Also yay Brooke is not just a dumb cheerleader, we love people with depth
- Lol Lucas with a tattoo – tell me they get rid of it though
- It’s cute that Nathan’s mom wants to bond with Lucas’s
- We can all agree that Nathan and Lucas’s dad is honestly the worst character and super annoying right? Cool
- Omg they actually had the guy who sang the intro do a guest appearance wow
- I can’t believe they tried to almost kill Lucas off halfway through season one, he’s a main character! (I was outraged but then remembered in 90210 in the first season they almost killed off Adrianna as she had a drug overdose…all teen shows are dramatic)
- So Luke was with Brooke and ended up almost getting with Peyton and they tried to keep away from each other and it didn’t work. Am I surprised? No.
- Brooke deserved better from both of them though, to find out from a webcam is so skeevy.
- Jake with his child is so cute and Jake is honestly so pure I love him
- Dan saving Lucas was nice but that doesn’t forgive him for being such a dick about his divorce
- Also, Keith drinking and driving did not expect that from him but I guess that leaves him and Karen on the outs for a while
- Please tell me Keith doesn’t actually do business with Dan though
- Poor Keith loses his business to Dan and Karen doesn’t want to marry him. Honestly, his storyline is so depressing and I hope something good comes for him
- Jake’s ex was the girl Lucas randomly slept with at the bar oof. And she wants to be a part of her daughter’s life lol no please get rid of her Jake does not need this
- So Nathan’s parents are getting a divorce, meanwhile, Nathan is asking for emancipation because he can’t deal with either of them – messy, messy
- Then there’s Brooke who is pregnant?! With Lucas’s baby – yikes, don’t know where this will end up but can clearly say nowhere good
- Haley got a tattoo of Nathan’s jersey number and it’s even worse than Lucas’s tattoo. Of all the people on the show to do dumb things, I never saw this from her. It’s not cute tbh it would have been nicer if it was placed elsewhere haha but yeah there’s that
- Still more of Dan being the worst. criticising Nathan for trying to be independent and failing, deciding to act like a good guy and tell Lucas he always wanted custody and decided to coach the basketball team just because he can. Ew.
- Also, Brooke not being pregnant and just being petty – mood but also not cool.
- I hope Jake comes back. Nikki is a psycho but he shouldn’t have to run away 😦 I’ll miss him
- I feel like Haley is totally overreacting about Nathan and the whole porn situation but okay. I totally get why she wouldn’t be cool with Nathan still having pictures of Peyton though
- Lucas thinking running away is gonna fix him…I don’t want him to leave, I know that since he joined the basketball team things have been kind of cray for him but I think he should stick it out – I know he won’t be away forever as a main character but still. I’ll miss him
- Keith leaving though is probably the best thing for him after the whole Karen situation, live your best life Keith
- Back to the Dan wanting custody of Lucas thing, I guess it was cute at the time he wanted to fight for his rights but at the same time he still turned out the way that he did so I’m thinking he’s still not the best guy and will always continue to be the bad guy, which is cool with me. We love a villain
- So they decided to show Dan with a soft side at the end of the season, only to give him a heart attack – I think they are trying too hard to get us to feel pity for him…at least a little too much
- I do feel bad for Dan but at the same time he is mostly a horrible person so we see what happens to him
- I thought it was HILARIOUS that Keith slept with Deb btw I didn’t see it coming at all but there ya go
- I hope Keith has a good time away like I said he deserves it
- Please take care of Lucas
- Also, I so don’t know if I should trust Brooke when she had plans with Peyton to send Nikki off somewhere else – she’s still probably upset about Lucas and Peyton and like it seems like the kind of thing she would do…I guess we see what happens
- Special shoutout to Haley and Nathan for being dumb and getting married lol
- I really wanted more for Haley I thought she was smart, but in reality, she just got blinded by love and became another dumb girl – ugh wake up girl
- Plus Nathan was stupid to agree with it come on boy I thought you knew better too…
- And finally, I just want to say I can’t believe the show went out of their way to have Karen tell Lucas that there is only One Tree Hill so cheesy…
This brings us to the end of season one! No idea what’s to come but I’m intrigued to find out.
I want to predict that Keith finds teaching high school more difficult than expected, Lucas doesn’t fit in, in the new town, Peyton still iffy about Brooke so walking on eggshells, Haley and Nathan realising marriage is tough and also Dan being okay – also Coach Whitey, I hope he’s okay but somehow I see him not making it 😦
I guess we come back next post and see if any of my predictions were correct. And I’ll also try and avoid googling to see what happens because I wanna know everything lol.
~ Courtney x