So they went with the COVID storyline. Yikes.
I mean it makes sense for them to cover something like this, but right now? While it’s happening? Very real, dark and depressing. Especially when Meredith is sick, I mean our girl’s been through a lot and now COVID? It’s wild.
So here are my thoughts on season 17 of Grey’s:
- So Teddy and Owen are on the outs, not even surprised. I mean we all know what happened.
- DeLuca is back on the mend, that’s nice to see. I was worried he was never going to get back to himself
- Trust Meredith to be right in the middle of the action, I expect nothing less
- Kind of sad that Link and Amelia are stuck at home with all the kids, but I guess someone has to be, and Amelia had that baby
- Oh my God, Jo and Jackson? Weird af, I was feeling the second hand awkwardness and I hated it
- Bailey is being her natural high alert, social distancing self and I get it. She might be overkill but at least she taking all the right measures.
- Oh God. Meredith. No.
- BUT DEREK. I CRIED. I mean I totally had this spoiled on Facebook for me but I still always cry for McDreamy.
- So Nico and Levi be hooking up on the sly. What’s going to come of this? I feel like it’s not going to be just a hook up for Levi
- Wow so Jo and Jackson really done the deed, I don’t know how to feel about them together. I mean sure neither of them are ready for a relationship, but like if that’s what it is going to be in the end…I don’t know
- Maggie is having a cute time with her boyfriend with the Facetiming and all, I guess it just sucks they can’t be together. But it is a reality that is very true for a lot of people.
- My heart is breaking for Tom, I mean he is also suffering from COVID, but everyone is focused on Meredith. I know his symptoms didn’t show right away but still…someone care for him
- GEORGE – again spoiled on Facebook. But honestly…how DARE THEY. They can’t toy with my emotions like this honestly, if they bring back Lexie, McSteamy and all…ugh I’ll actually not cope
- Also how come Meredith was able to reach George and not Derek? Also sneaky how they threw in why Meredith can see George as older, ya’ll could’ve just acted like he was the same or not addressed it.
- But seriously if Meredith dies this season then the show ends and not only will the virus have claimed so many lives in real life, but it will also have claimed a fictional character that I am just not ready to lose to something real. Like MEREDITH GREY cannot survive 17 seasons of crap just to die now, I won’t accept it.
- I just hope there’s hope for her clinical trial but honestly, my hope is very low.
- Bailey’s mum </3 my heart broke for her. I think I’m going to cry at every episode this season and I hate that
- On the bright side, Tom is okay! Hooray! Also are he and Teddy friends or what is going on because I think it would be nice for them to be more than that but who’s to say…maybe Owen will magically come around again
- RIP DeLuca – I am only upset on behalf of Meredith because honestly she does not deserve this. I also think it’s rude of the show to kill him off after he worked so hard to get his mental health in check and was trying to stop that child trafficker. He does not deserve this
- If Meredith reaches Derek, she’s going to die right? That’s why she can’t? Oh God I can’t handle that
- Seeing Derek again is enough to melt my heart honestly he’s a babe, I miss him
- I didn’t think I was going to cry at DeLuca’s funeral but then they showed that clip of him and my heart broke
- I’ve been crying every damn episode but like this time for happy reasons, Maggie saving the day, everyone happy dancing, Meredith off the vent and MAGGIE GETTING ENGAGED yassss we love to see it
- Grey’s is definitely getting so real this season with this Black Lives Matter episode…damn
- We love Schmitt thriving under Meredith’s voice haha what a king
- So Jackson is leaving…he’s having some awakening and I’m not a huge fan of it. It seems so random. Like I 100% agree with his cause but it just seems so strange for him of all people…is it just me?
- People have been saying Greys is very “preachy” this season and I agree. I just feel like the issues are being thrust into my face rather than handling it in a less direct way.
- Oh and Tom is leaving too? This is sad. Honestly I felt like he was a better fit for Teddy. Sad that isn’t working out
- And yes I did cry when Meredith came home. I was totally fine and then tears – this season is wrecking me lol
- I am so sad that Jo didn’t get to adopt that baby I would have loved to see her have single mom vibes
- Also Bailey’s husband has cancer? What is Station19 doing…
- Nico’s change of character all of a sudden is so sus – like first he’s not about commitment at all and then next thing he’s just like “I wanna make you tea and watch Lord of the Rings”…sure Jan there was literally no development at all he just became totally different over night?
- But for real how could they not explore Levi getting with that vaccine trial guy. Also love that they just kind of skipped ahead and were like “oh yeah vaccine worked Levi is fine”. I mean that could have been a good storyline.
- This season wrapped up too nicely…like okay yes we love happy endings but like…we are still in a pandemic lol
- So yes Maggie and her guy get married – we love that, but girl the ANXIETY I felt watching that wedding scene. Too real. We still can’t dance at weddings or any venues in the UK so that’s not it for me.
- Meredith is fine – obviously, the queen of surviving everything
- Jo gets her baby! I am so excited to see her as a parent. And I love that Jackson left her his apartment.
- Also Jo sold her hospital shares to Tom?! Does that mean he isn’t gone? I mean they probably won’t talk about him ever again except in passing…but okay.
- Amelia and Link are over? Very sad. Honestly I was rooting for them but I know that this life was not what Amelia wanted…still. I like Link as an actor – biased from his Nashville days – so I hope he sticks around. I can’t have more people leaving.
- There’s probably loads I’m missing but let’s leave it here.
So this season was…a rollercoaster. I feel like my bullet points are not as good as they normally are lol this season was so disjointed for me because I was watching it on and off for ages. Like I remember in the early parts of the season, it was the height of COVID and the show made me even more depressed about the state of the world because it was affecting my shows too. So I had to give it a break.
I hope that in the next season they move on from the COVID storyline, but at the same time I don’t know how they move away from it like everything is normal again because the world still isn’t back to normal. That’s why I think it was going to be hard for them to do a pandemic season, because the show is officially confirmed to be in real time and so they can’t just be like “oh COVID is over” because it ain’t lol. So yeah I don’t know what they’ll do in terms of that.
It’s funny that I said I would stop doing these after season 15 because I was binge-ing it yet as soon as I started season 17 I instinctively made started this post. But how can you not? Especially with this season. So I guess I’m just going to keep doing them until the end.
As always I really don’t know how long the show is going to continue, I just hope they end it well. Like I NEED the old characters who haven’t died to come back. I need the Christina – Meredith reunion, I need Arizona and Callie, I need Alex and even Izzie. I just need like the old Grey’s for a minute and we’d be fine. Hell, this season we got MCDREAMY and GEORGE back. You can’t tell me we can’t get the others.
And so that is where we leave Grey’s for now…in the mean time I am trying desperately to find out where and when I can watch the Gossip Girl reboot because I need that in my life. Otherwise I’m just back rewatching the same old shows because I can’t bring myself to watch anything new lol.