Finally made it through season 8! I thought I was never going to get through to be honest. The whole Clay and Quinn out of body thing is not my favourite so I kind of stopped watching for a while after the first few episodes.
Obviously I needed to know if they died or not after the cliffhanger last season, but I felt like they dragged out the whole out of body thing. I don’t know what it is about those episodes but I really don’t like them, even when they did them in the early seasons with Lucas I just thought they were a bit dumb.
Anyway yeah once we got past that I did quite enjoy this season. So here are my thoughts about the goings on in season 8 of One Tree Hill:
- Brooke got arrested for fraud?! Her mom and Millie lied about Clothes Over Bros profits to launch the men’s line?! This is wild I can’t believe after everything Brooke might lose her company
- Haley is writing to Lucas, I guess this is better than calling her mom’s old phone but will she actually get letters back lol
- Mia is staying? And I guess they only had her break up with Chase so we could have some kind of love triangle between him, Alex and her. Ugh. I don’t know if I like this
- Jamie asking about sex is hilarious plus he GOOGLED omg wild
- They had me thinking that Clay and Quinn were alive and that Clay just had a dream where they were shot wow. They had me for a second. But can someone please discover them. Though because of the intro and seeing them both as main cast it’s obvious they survive, way to go with the spoilers lads
- The weird Clay and Quinn out of body thing is not my fave, like I thought it was stupid when it happened to Lucas and it is still dumb
- Millie and Mouth awkwardly talking after they slept together omg this is wild
- I can’t believe that Brooke is going to bankrupt herself to pay back investors – what a queen, I mean I still can’t believe she has to do it but here we are
- Also her mother going to jail was probably one of the best things she could have ever done for her
- So Alex and Chase are still a thing and I think it’s weird but okay
- Nathan is quitting basketball, interesting and also kind of crazy considering all of last season was him being mad that Clay wasn’t going to get him a deal for next season and now he’s just like well I’m out lol
- I know Nathan is scrubbing away at the carpet where Clay and Quinn got shot but in all honesty I think I would just replace the carpet…
- Even I knew that when Julien’s mum came into town she would wanna control the wedding, the excuse “I’m paying for it” is totally gonna be the thing
- Okay so Alex bailed, I was wondering how long it would take for that to happen
- Can Millicent and Mouth just get back together because I thought they would have by now, come on Mouth you know you want to…
- I am not a fan of the intro song changing every five minutes, what is that about
- Trying to figure out if we love or hate Julien’s mom, I still don’t really know but we love her inviting Brooke’s mom to Thanksgiving
- The Thanksgiving episode was cute – I love seeing everyone together, minus Chase…though Alex and Mia fighting was a real riot
- I thought the stalker thing with Quinn would have lasted longer, I mean I had a feeling something was up with her when she came back from her trip – but oh well. At least it’s done.
- Also love that of all people she could have went to about murder she chose Dan Scott, I totally forgot about him and wondered where he went but I guess I no longer wonder
- That storm episode really had me going like I was so emotional and worried about everyone’s lives. Mostly Jamie’s tbh because it is so heartbreaking for them to kill off a kid. But he was fine and all was well
- That being said the whole Julien being a hero thing was a bit wild, I don’t know if I really like him as a character tbh. I don’t know what it is but I just don’t take him seriously or something, I was kind of hoping he would be gone by now but I guess he and Brooke are endgame
- Is Alex staying or going? Is Mia staying or going? Like I just want to know if they will be regular cast or not because I do like them but if they only around for Chase…one of them will go right?
- OR all three of them go after Chase finally chooses one or something I don’t know the storyline is kind of tired
- Why did Brooke and Julien’s wedding seem so boring? I feel like I was expecting so much more
- That superhero episode was just so cringey, glad I am past that…
- I knew things were too good to be true with Brooke and the baby – I’m sad she isn’t going to get the baby but I hope that things work out for her and Julien
- And by that I mean please don’t move to New York guys – I mean Brooke was so not about moving to LA for Julien and insisted they stay in Tree Hill and now she’s like “nah let’s go to New York”? Flaky
- Okay so Kellerman’s son was the one to drive Brooke and Jamie off a bridge – yikes. I mean it was kind of obvious it was him and not Kellerman like he definitely doesn’t seem like the type to get drunk and drive someone off a bridge, but his son? Absolutely
- I think it’s really random they decided to make Alex a singer, I don’t know why but like it bothers me – not everyone who is an actress should sing lads
- Also what happened to Mia?
- They can’t destroy the River Court – I feel like they will fight for it to be saved and win because that’s how things happen around here
- Ha I knew they weren’t gonna take the River Court
- It’s weird but kind of nice they reverted Clothes over Bros back to Karen’s cafe
- Also love how Haley went from being a teacher for 5 minutes, to doing music for 5 minutes and now runs a cafe
- I know it sounds mean but I wish Brooke hadn’t got magically pregnant and with twins no less. I think it would have been nice if they had managed to adopt because adoption storylines are hardly ever a thing and it’s important
- Jamie going through that little breakup with Madison probably broke me apart than most of the relationships on this show
- Kind of surprised Chase took Alex back. I think that’s a bit meh but proud of him for finally becoming a pilot
- I’m glad we are still going to have Mouth and Millie in the morning. They so cute together
And that is everything in season 8 of One Tree Hill.
I got the feeling that they thought this was going to be the last season – and I’ve definitely said this before about the show but it’s kind of annoying when they wrap everything up real well like it’s the end and everyone is all happy, but then because there’s another season something has to go wrong so we have the drama.
But again, once more if you just stop watching here it would probably be fine, I can’t see them having anything super crazy in the last season especially if they want to keep this whole happy ending thing going.
Anyway, I’m not sure what is next for everyone to be honest, I mean Brooke and Julien are new parents who are living their best lives, the Scott family is thriving as always and everyone else is just there? I mean I guess maybe I would guess Quinn and Clay get married – considering they randomly just started talking about how Quinn and Clay should get engaged in that one episode.
I think I read Lucas comes back or something in the last season so I mean I guess that would be nice to see him after all this time. So that will be nice to look forward to.
Aside from that I wonder where things will end for good considering they seem to be so good at magically having everything wrap up in the end since they’ve done it 4 times or so already…but I bet I’ll still be a sucker for the ending because that’s the kind of person I am.
So I’ll be back soon with my final blog post on One Tree Hill!
~ Courtney x