Season six of One Tree Hill complete!
I actually think I completed this season faster than any of the seasons so far, I guess this is what lock down does to you lol
So this season was a lot of things, at least I am getting used to everyone being adults now, last season it was weird for me to see everyone as an adult because two minutes before they had just graduated from high school, but now I see it.
I liked this season, it had a lot of good drama in there, some of it got a bit boring towards the second half of the season but that might have been because I watched too many episodes in one day. I know that sounds impossible but it’s a thing.
Now without further ado, these are my thoughts on season six:
- Thank GOD Lucas chose Peyton – I definitely could not imagine Brooke and Lucas getting married after everything I thought they mutually agreed that wouldn’t happen haha
- Dan was hit by the BABYSITTER wow I thought she was gone but I guess not, I’m not mad about it but at the same time she needs to stay away from everyone else please
- She didn’t even take him to an actual hospital, she just had that set up in her house wtf she is more of a psycho than I thought she was
- Did Brooke’s mom really hire someone to come and beat up and rob her? I AM SO ANGRY
- I can’t believe they did Q dirty like that and killed him off…I knew something was up when they were focusing on him so much, like it’s not bad they were focusing on him but it is when they just kill him off
- I cried like a baby when Jamie gave Quentin’s brother the basketball jersey – SO PURE
- I can’t believe the babysitter is literally trying to use Dan to kidnap Jamie again, and not only that but like she dragged him away to her house after hitting him with a car what the fuck
- I never thought I would say this but I need someone to come find Dan because I really don’t need the babysitter to get away with this please
- SHE EVEN TALKED TO DEB – omg please someone tell Deb what this woman looks like – protect Jamie at all costs plz
- I’m glad Brooke is talking to someone about the accident and is working to get closure from her mom. We love a strong woman
- So Deb and Skillz are going the distance? So to speak. Nathan gave his half-approval so this is gonna be a thing? Still weird to me haha
- I had a feeling that Brooke was going to adopt that homeless girl Sam – unlikely pairing but kind of cute
- It’s great that Dan saved everyone from the babysitter – I was surprised that he is actually healed and alive but at the same time not exactly because like I said before, evil don’t die
- It’s nice he gets to spend time with Jamie, I guess those are the only times he seems human
- So Lucas’s second book sucked, sad times I thought he would always be like super successful because you know, how could the great Lucas Scott fail at something?
- I spoke too soon, someone wants to make his book a movie lol
- BUT the guy who wants to make the movie is Peyton’s ex wow drama
- Or not drama because Lucas handled it pretty well
- Peyton met her real dad and he was kind of a dick, wow not surprising. It’s not like she always had the greatest experience meeting family members in the past
- Though it’s cute we saw her brother again! I totally forgot about him
- Mouth is back! I missed him
- Gigi has also returned as Mouth’s intern. This is 100% going to be trouble I can already tell
- Oh yeah after Millicent talked to Gigi I knew she was going to want to cause drama – I mean even if it’s unintentional it’s not going to end well here
- Also they keep talking about Gigi as this “hot college girl” which sure but I still think of her as the same age as all of them like man, she is not that much younger than the rest of you stop being weird about it
- So Nathan has decided to get into something called slam ball? With that guy Brooke dated one time…sure
- Honestly I was expecting a secret addiction to pain medication like Haley was but I’m glad he is not doing that
- OMG HE WENT THROUGH THAT GLASS – yikes. I’m so glad he didn’t get injured again, I don’t know if I could take that
- So I guess the slam ball journey is over but I ain’t mad about that
- Ew they are doing a weird 40’s episode that has nothing to do with the plot of the show – I hate these kind of episodes, I mean at least it’s not a musical…
- And even though it has nothing to do with the plot I have to watch it anyway in case there is something in there that I need to know
- Peyton is pregnant! I did not see that one coming
- Millicent slept with Owen?! I so wish she didn’t
- Plus Owen fell off the wagon, yikes
- Mia and Chase? Could be cute
- Yasss we love Brooke fighting her attacker and getting him arrested because he also killed Quentin
- Brooke also into that producer guy? I guess he is sticking around
- Nathan being bullied by the other basketball guys, gross I guess that they are the guy version of Mean Girls
- So Millicent is leaving for good? That would suck because I really liked her
- Peyton might die if she has this baby? Of course there is something dramatic involved
- Dan almost got his heart but at the last second, a dog ate it lol – I guess he is going off to die
- Victoria is back in town and I don’t trust her at all, shredding Sam’s letters and all shady lady
- Deb and Skillz broke up but I saw that coming, I mean they weren’t really going anywhere
- Peyton in a car accident, I’m not that surprised because how much more dramatic can her pregnancy be
- I’m sad Nathan didn’t get his shot at the NBA, I mean he worked so hard and everything
- Are we even surprised Lucas’s movie fell through though, like it would have been weird if they had a movie about their lives never mind a book – plus everyone was mad at Dan Humphrey when he did it in Gossip Girl, surprised everyone was okay with how Lucas wrote his book
- Peyton and Lucas’s wedding was cute of course
- But I knew Peyton was going to collapse or something, with everything going on with them right now it made sense but I don’t think she is going to die – mostly because I feel like I’ve seen her in the promo photos for later seasons
- On a lighter note, I was so surprised that Haley was the one that had slutty wedding sex haha
- I’m glad Mouth and Millicent are back together, it’s cute they doing long distance so I hope it will last!
- I’m sad that Sam went to spend time with her birth mom but at the same time it felt right, I liked Brooke and her relationship but I feel like I couldn’t see her sticking around forever
- And the finale episode ties up in one convenient happy bow
- Nathan gets picked for the NBA
- Millicent stays in town
- Lucas, Peyton and baby are happy
- Brooke gets with Julien
- All is well in the world of One Tree Hill for now….
So I kind of got the feeling that maybe the show didn’t think it was going to get past season six. There’s something about this season finale that screams series finale. Like everything was tied up in a neat little bow, it seemed like the perfect ending.
But no – the show goes on for like three more seasons haha. Like I said when they graduated from high school, if I just stopped watching now I would be happy with it. But knowing there is still more ahead is interesting.
No idea what is coming now considering they wrapped things up so nicely in this season, honestly wouldn’t even be surprised if there’s another time jump but having two time jumps in a TV series seems excessive but we see what happens.
If I had to guess anything it’s that Nathan is probably going to struggle with his NBA transition, Lucas and Peyton are gonna struggle as first time parents and Brooke is maybe gonna struggle with Julien being in LA while she is in Tree Hill. But my predictions are always wrong lol so maybe the complete opposite will happen. Either way I am going to start watching right away to find out.
~ Courtney x