Feels like it’s been forever since I talked about One Tree Hill.
This was a shorter season than others but that doesn’t mean there was any less drama. Last we saw everyone they had just graduated from high school and the future was looking bright.
Now we jump into season five where there was a huge time jump and I wasn’t expecting it:
- A time jump?! Seriously? I mean I was wondering how they were going to focus on everyone as they went their separate ways. They could have pulled a Gossip Girl where they all started at college and then just stopped going lol
- That being said they were all looking way too old to play high school students so at least now they can play proper adults because they are
- So Haley is a teacher and Nathan doesn’t want his son to play basketball – drama, also Nathan does not look good with long hair and a beard
- Oh my God Brooke really went full boss bitch with Clothes Over Bros, I never saw it coming because the fashion thing came on so rapidly but yay!
- Peyton is a lowly assistant in LA who is being told to “drop buttons” to be allowed in meetings – she so does not belong there
- Nathan was in an accident and his dream is crushed…poor guy he worked so hard
- Lucas as kind of a washed up writer and basketball coach? Never saw that he was destined for greatness and that is not it
- I figured Lucas was sleeping with his editor…I don’t like it but that’s because we don’t know the story but it seems so cliche
- We love a Tree Hill reunion – I knew Brooke and Peyton couldn’t stay away
- Yasss Nathan fighting back
- Omg I actually do hate Lucas dating his editor like Peyton doesnt show up at his book signing and he just decides to date her. That’s so not cute
- Also this new jock guy is the worst like the actor I only know from being the nice cheerleader guy from Hellcats. I don’t like this version of him haha
- I’m sad Mouth isn’t living his sports announcer best life
- Also what happened to Karen’s cafe?! Where even is Karen and her baby?
- Like I guess it’s cool Brooke is taking the cafe but like what happened to Karen tho
- Lol I knew the nanny was going to be trouble it was only a matter of time
- Also yasss Nathan getting his life together but if he gets with the nanny he is even more of a cliche then I thought
- Okay so we found out Lucas is only with his editor because he thought Peyton didnt come to his book signing. That is lame and I don’t accept it
- I think Haley and Nathan’s kid is probably one of the best characters not gonna lie
- I never thought Mouth would end up sleeping with his boss to keep his job and yet here we are. Poor guy…he better sort it out soon
- Lucas is a freaking idiot for choosing to ask Lindsey to marry him lol are we all gonna pretend that’s a good idea
- Oh my God Rachel is a drug addict? I thought we had seen the last of her
- Awww Tim! Cute memories
- Wow of course the nanny was in the shower and Haley walked in…she better change her mind about this divorce
- At the same time Nathan should have said something sooner
- Mouth and Millicent are super cute. Also can’t believe Mouth’s boss was literally sleeping with everyone. What a power move lol
- Glad Peyton and Lindsey got to air their drama
- Hahaha Chase showing up to date Peyton. What are the odds? Love seeing everyone again
- Tim and Bevan got married?! Wild. What a small world lol
- So Lucas and Lindsey’s wedding arrives and she comes to her senses and says no, we were all expecting their marriage to fall apart right? So at least it happened before they were officially married
- Brooke wants to have a baby? Interesting
- Oh Karen got back with Andy? Seems kind of lame, it would have been okay if she stayed a single mom with a child. She did it for Lucas ya know – strong independent woman and all that
- I knew the babysitter was going to kidnap Jamie, it was only going to be a matter of time
- And Dan showing up, isn’t this turning out to be quite the wild episode
- I kind of figured Dan would have been following the nanny, I half expected the police to get him though – still wild
- Brooke actually got a baby! I was half expecting her to hate being a mother but she got it going for her. So yay! Sad her boy toy couldn’t hang around though
- Yas Nathan and Haley working things out I mean I don’t think divorce would have been right for them
- Lucas still choosing Lindsey over Peyton…this is something I didn’t expect. I thought maybe he would have come to his senses but okay
- Dan saying he has 6 months to live sounds pretty fake… I mean after everything that has been going on but we see what the tea is
- So Dan really is going to die…but part of me wonders if he gets that heart transplant because he somehow keeps surviving no matter what
- I feel so bad for Jamie when he saw his card in the trash, it was just so sad – HE IS SO LITTLE. I know why they are keeping Dan from him but it hurts to see him always being sad about it
- Lucas going mad after her found out Lindsey was seeing someone else…yikes. I feel like I’ve always underestimated how he felt about her but I guess he really does care
- Is Brooke gonna get with that surgeon because something seems to be brewing there or maybe I’m just wanting good things for her
- Also Millicent and Mouth are the cutest ones out there, can’t even deny
- Deb sleeping with Skills is actually hilarious and it still stands that Deb can be one of the best characters when she wants to be
- Mouth quitting his job like a boss – showing them what he is going to be missing
- Where is Lucas going? I need him to sort his life out also as if Brooke is in the running to be his Vegas bride? I don’t see it.
- Talk about your karma, Dan getting hit by a car right outside the hospital…
So this is where we end things for another season.
I gotta say I will not be surprised if Dan somehow survives because like I’ve said that’s just how things are for him, though I feel like it is definitely time to close his storyline.
Lucas has been annoying me this season because he needs to choose a woman. I wish he would just get back with Peyton because Lindsey was nice and all but she doesn’t seem like the kind to be sticking around. I like that he was still there to be a friend to Brooke but that seemed to be the only thing he was good at this season.
I am loving seeing Nathan taking his life back and also being a good father, we love a character who has growth. It will be interesting to see what things will be like when he returns to basketball.
And with Mouth going to take a new job, is this him out for good? Like I said before I enjoy Mouth’s character and I will be sad if this is the last we see of him.
But we see what is next for everyone. I honestly couldn’t tell you where we go from here, this show has surprised me a lot so I’m just in to enjoy the ride. And as always I will be back with another season recap/thoughts post just like this one real soon.
~ Courtney x