Another month where I tried to get 31 things and failed. It was hard this month because most of my time was spent stressing over deadlines. But it’s fine. I’m not mad. I still accomplished a lot. At least I think so. Whether all things were productive or not is another story. Anyway, as always, please enjoy 20 things I did in May:
- Went out with a friend for drinks for the first time in ages. Sometimes it’s just nice to get together and gossip.
- Got sick. I feel like I get sick a lot, I think it has to do with stress weakening my immune system…
- Pulled an almost all nighter finishing off a project before the deadline. Sometimes you just need to do that last minute refactoring.
- Had some issues with my tablet. It kept restarting itself so I left it for a week and it reset to factory settings. Not sure what that’s about.
- Finally set up my Amazon Echo and kind of fell in love with the speaker. The Amazon Dot is great for most Alexa functions but if you want a music player the Echo is where it’s at.
- Made several videos talking about PLL because with the final 10 episodes, of course, I have a lot to say.
- Spent so much time revising for exams. Tis that time of year.
- Stressed a lot about the exams. They all went well but that didn’t stop me from freaking out jus ta bit.
- I didn’t cope well with the random heat wave we had when I was trying to study for my exams. As a computing student I need to see my laptop screen so sitting outside wasn’t an option, so I just tried not to melt in my flat…
- Played Sims for the first time in a month and it felt great. I kind of abandoned it for Another Brick In The Mall…
- Started to get back into writing again. I go through phases where all I do is write and then I don’t do it for months. Uni usually keeps me busy and I usually forget about it. But when I’m in the zone I love it. I used to write all the time when I was younger, fictional work and blog posts. It was great.
- Watched a season of Project Runway: Junior and a season of Project Runway: All Stars. While I like the spin-offs no one can replace Hiedi Klum and Tim Gunn as hosts for the show.
- Was surprised when one of the best queens from season 9 was sent home from RuPaul’s Drag Race after a terrible lip sync. If you don’t know the words you’re going home, we all know the rules.
- I bought a capture card to try my hand at recording console games. Specifically Sims for the PS2. I have never completed a single Sims game for PS2 but I have about 5 of them so I want to do it. It’ll make me feel accomplished. So watch out for my Sims channel this summer.
- Got excited for a new Sims 4 game pack being released this month – Sims have just been doing some great things lately and I’m excited for more.
- Started playing Magikarp Jump and fell in love. It’s a really simple game but I love how it’s designed. Just so cute. If I could have made that my game for uni I think I would have had so much fun.
- Went out for drinks with some people on my course. I was hesitant at first just because I am not the best at socialising with new people but it actually turned into a really good night. I definitely think since coming to uni I have become more confident.
- Left it too late to make plans to go see Latrice Royale whenever she was in town. I always want to see the queens from RuPaul’s Drag Race when I’m in town but it usually never works out. The only queen I have been able to see and meet is Bianca Del Rio. Which I have to say was one of the best experiences of my life. So I hope to meet plenty more drag queens in the future. It’s a magical experience.
- Tried to go to a cool bar twice but the first time I went, it was dead and the second time it was packed and so I didn’t end up staying long both times. It was kind of disappointing because the place sounds so great. Too bad I haven’t really been able to experience the awesomeness.
- Started posting on my Sims YouTube channel again after finishing exams. I am motivated to get back into making videos, I always do when I have a lot more free time.
There you have it. My month in a nutshell. It’s so weird to see it written out like this because honestly half the time I don’t remember what I do in a month so looking back at this is kind of interesting. I try to write the post as the month passes so I don’t forget things.
But now that another uni year has finished I am back to having a lot more free time. Well, only for a little while because I start my work placement in a couple of months. It’ll be interesting though as someone who has never worked before, I think jumping into work like this is definitely going to be a change. But I’m up for the challenge and I am sure that I will adapt to it over time.
In the mean time I’m just going to enjoy the freedom I have left haha.
As always, feel free to come back to see what I get up to next month!
~ Courtney x