Last night, while trying to sleep I had this idea of making a monthly blog post letting you know about things I did within the last month. It’s kind of inspired by Tyler Oakley’s YouTube video “100 things we did in [insert year here]”. I thought it would be something to help keep me blogging throughout the year and also something cute to look back on and remember.
I was going to try and think of one thing I did for each day of the month but that’s not always possible. So basically, I’m just going to list 30/31/28 things I did in the month, depending on how many days there are in that month.
So without further ado, here are 31 things I did in January:
- Celebrated the new year with my boyfriend and his friends. I finally had someone to kiss on New Year’s. 😛
- Shared a montage video of my 2016 on YouTube. It was a really fun year for me. I also made a blog post about it.
- Made four New Years’ Resolutions hoping that I would stick to them. So far, so good!
- Shared my winter makeup look in a YouTube video. I hardly do makeup tutorial type things but when I do, it’s usually at the start of the year haha.
- Played Pokemon Moon for about an hour and decided I didn’t like it. The storyline is too different from other Pokemon games and I’m not a fan.
- Started watching How To Get Away With Murder and fell in love.
- Made two videos talking about How To Get Away With Murder and fangirling/freaking out about it.
- Started posting YouTube videos on my Sims channel again after a long hiatus.
- Went shopping in the new year’s sales hoping to find clothes for work placement but was unsuccessful.
- Went to see Marvel Live: Superheros Assemble.
- Revised C++ and was surprised to find I didn’t forget how to code over Christmas break. You never know, it could happen.
- Suffered in the cold for a week because the boiler in my house broke and it needed to be replaced. It was not pleasant.
- Cleared out my pyjama drawer and found out just how many pairs of pyjamas I own. (It’s a lot)
- Stayed in a beautiful apartment for two days with my boyfriend for his birthday.
- Took a day trip to Dublin.
- Played lots and lots of Sims. They gave us toddlers and vampires in the same week. I had lots of free time to explore.
- Watched my TV shows return and reacted to them on Twitter. I love my TV shows and I love using Twitter to share my thoughts. Someone on Twitter can always relate.
- Started to work on my Android group project again and encountered some problems with Git. When you have to merge your branch into master and have a load of conflicts – it’s not great.
- Filmed a YouTube video in the middle of my kitchen/living room in my uni flat and it felt super awkward while doing so. One of my flatmates could have walked in at any minute. It would have been awful.
- Had a lazy day where all I did was read Buzzfeed articles. It was a very productive day.
- Attended a gaming event with my friend where we quickly realised that we did not belong. The event was clearly for established game developers, which we are not.
- Tried to fix my sleeping pattern multiple times and failed.
- Started rewatching Pretty Little Liars and remembering all the things that I had forgotten over the years. How did we not know CeCe was A, season 4 practically shows you she’s part of it lol.
- Caught up with a friend I hadn’t seen in three months. It was nice. Uni has made me realise how hard is to keep in contact with people when you don’t see each other at school everyday.
- Started a Gossip Girl inspired Sims story thing on my Sims 4 blog. I created the characters of Gossip Girl on the Sims 4 a while ago and so decided to start some Sims gameplay as the Blair Waldorf sim, she was my favourite character on the show.
- Reread the first Pretty Little Liars book with the intention of reading the whole series. I bought the first book on my Kindle a couple of years ago and read it, didn’t think about getting the rest of the books until now because with the TV show ending I need some more PLL in my life.
- Listened to one of my best friends tell the story of her first date with a guy through voice notes on Whatsapp. I loved it.
- Came back to my uni house after being away for a month and a half. It felt weird to be back there but also kind of nice at the same time.
- Reminisced about the time my boyfriend and I were at the same club one time and he saw me but I didn’t see him. We weren’t together at this stage, we were just friends. He jokes that I saw him and ignored him but I swear I didn’t.
- Started to get back into using Instagram. It kind of became my least used social media for a while because I used to never be good at keeping up with my timeline but now I check it almost every day.
- Bought a scrapbook with the intention of properly scrapbooking. I was going to start one a few years ago but never did but now I am determined to do it.
And that was 31 things I did in January! Honestly, more difficult than I thought. I got to about 15 and was struggling haha. But there we go. I hope you found this interesting. And you realise that when I say my life is all about Sims/TV shows you know I’m not kidding lol. Although it’s only the start of the year, I’m sure I’ll have more exciting things going on as the months go by. Then at the end of the year I can look back at all of these and compare them. Some months are just going to be more eventful than others and that’s okay.
Anyway, like I said I hope you found this somewhat interesting. And also I hope that you come back to see what other things I get up to during the year. Or if you prefer to find out what I’m getting up to in real time you can always follow me on Twitter
. Although I warn you there will probably be TV show spoilers there.
See you next month for my 28 things I did in February blog post. 😛
~ Courtney x
The newest TV show in my life.
I know I have already made 2 videos in January talking about this show but is it really an official love if I don’t also make a blog post about it?
I didn’t really know what to expect when I first started to watch it, although from the first five minutes I was hooked. And I don’t remember the last time it took five minutes for me to be hooked on a show. Normally it takes an episode or two but this was from the get-go. I needed to know why/how these 5 students committed murder and I needed to know now.
Luckily for me, the first two seasons are on Netflix which meant I got to binge-watch and learn about everything that happened.
And just when you thought things were going to calm down after season one, season two gets even crazier. The way they lay out the show is amazing. They show you just enough of that “one night” to make you want to know what happened. And it’s just so good.
I have to admit, I did find the whole Rebecca/Sam murder thing way more interesting than the Hapstall murders. But I think it’s because Rebecca and Sam had more to do with the main characters. That being said though, that Hapstall case escalated quickly.
And don’t even get me started on finding out about what happened to Wes’s mother and finding out about Frank killing Annalise’s baby and also killing Lilia which started this whole thing.
Like what the hell Frank?!
Technically everything that happened is his fault. But at the same time I don’t want to see him be punished? Like I don’t know guys. It’s weird.
I actually really like Frank as a character, he started off as being so mysterious and the one to just “take care” of problems but we’ve also seen him break down and go off the grid. It’s so crazy.
Not to mention he recently just confessed to Wes’s murder which he didn’t actually do so now you can’t help but be like “wtf Frank?!”. I know he’s doing it to make things right with Annalise and everyone else but at the same time I don’t want him to go down for this because it’s not his fault.
Gosh this show.
Plus, the fact they decided that Wes was going to be the next to die – OF ALL PEOPLE. Like why him? Why not someone else? I had this spoiled for me when I was doing a Google search of the show and I was not pleased. I just kept waiting to see how it had happened and I’m just not okay.
I have also been so used to not having to wait to see what happens that waiting is killing me inside slightly. I need to know who killed Wes and how. In my latest video talking about the show I went through the main characters and I don’t think there’s any of them that could have done this.
Which makes me think about if it was someone outside of the main cast, but who?! I really don’t know.
Not to mention they had those flashbacks of Wes with all the characters in the last episode and none of us were prepared for that. Like that’s not okay to play with our emotions like that.
And also Annalise is in jail, which everyone on the internet can’t believe because she is literally the only person on the show to not have committed murder so it’s like – what? Haha. Although Annalise is strong so I believe she will make it through prison.
I also believe that it is Bonnie’s time to step up and be a lawyer. I know she’s not that confident but if Annalise believes in her then so do I. She can do this.
But I guess we don’t really know what happens until we see what they do about Frank admitting to the murder…
I’m just so excited for the new episode. I need all the answers.
I’m sure people online have lots of good theories so I might see what there is out there. I just need to know what happens. And I also hope that the rest of the cast stay alive because I am not about shows who think it’s cool to kill off the main cast members. That sounds weird to say but there are a lot of shows that do that.
Anyway, I think that’s all I have to say on the show right now. I’ll probably have loads more thoughts as we continue through this season so expect more tweets/YouTube videos/blog posts – whatever way I can use to get my thoughts out about this show. I just have to share.
I hope you enjoyed reading, if you have any theories or suggestions for who might have killed Wes/how let me know, it would be great to know what you think and hopefully I’m back with a new blog post soon. 😛
~ Courtney x